Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

onion craving
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:03AM

I've had this craving for onions the last 3 days, which is really wierd for me as I usually opt to not have onion on a salad. I've had an onion a day the last 3 days!
Well, I discover that onion is a source of iron and that iron is the no. 1 rubbish remover from our bodies! I believe that i am plagued by excema because by body cannot rid itself of the 'rubbish' so it's coming out the skin. I start a homeopathic detoxification formula tomorrow which is a formula for the spleen, liver and kidneys, promoting the body's elimination pathways. Looks like my body is ready for this with its onion craving!
Aparently a lack of iron also causes cold extremeties, which I suffer also.
I'm very excited that my body is starting to tell me what it needs!
smiling smiley Grayzie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: onion craving
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:11AM

There's no better feeling than tuning into the cravings from your body telling you exactly what it wants.

Happy eating! =)

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:13AM

that is so exciting grayzie! congratulations. can't wait to hear how your homeopathic detox goes... keep us posted please!

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:35AM

grayzie, thats so good.. please keep us posted about your detox.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 07, 2008 02:48AM

My biggest fear about raw foods is that I will crave onions. Silly as that sounds, I'm very serious. I loathe them. I would rather battle Satan himself than eat an onion!

If you like onions, Grayzie, then eat away! Happy detoxing and I hope, more than anything, that your excema goes away permanently. That has to be just miserable to deal with. My very best well wishes to you!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2008 09:34PM

I can't imagine having a salad without onion

Posted by: sagebush ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:32AM

simple living you made me laugh...
fearing the eating of an onion...would you really not consume one if you totally started craving one? i mean like couldn't sleep at night for the thought of it?

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 09, 2008 04:36AM

Posted by: sagebush (IP Logged)
Date: March 08, 2008 10:32PM

simple living you made me laugh...
fearing the eating of an onion...would you really not consume one if you totally started craving one? i mean like couldn't sleep at night for the thought of it?

LOL I'm not afraid of onions. It's not like a fear of some scary, creepy-face, glow-in-the-dark clown that never utters a word, bobbing around like something out of your worst nightmare. It's just that I really, really loathe the taste of them! I just don't think I would recognize a "craving" for an onion if I had one! I'd probably just think I was thinking about onions too much! LOL

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 12, 2008 03:05AM

here is a reply from my naturopath when I emailed her about my onion craving:

onion, being very rich in SULPHUR, is great for SKIN REPAIR............well done ~ you're listening to your body. Sulphur also plays an important role in detoxing...munch away!

I'm so happy with my body: it wants to heal itself! (for those who don't know I'm battling chronic excema)

smiling smiley Grayzie

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 12, 2008 03:07AM

smiling smiley))) yay you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables