Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

could i be detoxing a little?
Posted by: mindy_r ()
Date: March 10, 2008 02:20AM

hi everyone,

i am slowly introducing raw into my diet and have been having a smoothie every morning with spinach, banana, and usually blue berries, or whatever fruit i have handy at the time. i am also trying to have raw lunches and snacks whenever i can. i am still eating cooked suppers. i know that this is really slow but i want it to be a life long change and i know that if i jump into it too fast that i will not keep with it.

anyway, for about a week now, maybe a little more, i have had a sore throat and more mucus than usual (i have allergies!). do you think that even this amount of raw could be causing a little detox?

thanks for any input on this,

have a great day,

mindy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: could i be detoxing a little?
Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 10, 2008 02:28AM

classic detox! go mindy!

good for you for taking radical self-responsibility for your health and well being, and also being gentle with yourself and knowing how YOU operate best... which is to ease into things if that's how it will make it stick for yyou.

Date: March 10, 2008 03:50AM

thanks!

it really feels good (but not really in the throat area winking smiley ) to know that things are changing inside me for the better! my husband and i have decided today to take up jogging too. it is going to be great!

take care

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: March 10, 2008 03:51AM

Just turning vegan has had a similar effect. I have had a touch of a sore throat and lots of mucus and congestion since Christmas. I still eat quite a bit of cooked (mostly squash, potatoes, lentils, beans) and some steamed veggies. Am quite certain it is detox.

It is my experiences also, that doing this slowly is the best way to go. Steady, bit by bit.

Good luck to you! It is exciting to feel the body responding to what we put into it, isnt it? So empowering to get to know yourself

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: March 10, 2008 04:28PM

definitely detoxing...and it;s happening to me too

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 10, 2008 05:57PM

I agree, this is detox. Please get more rest.

Take care
A Iyer

Date: March 10, 2008 07:07PM

thank you everyone!

i am trying to get as much rest as i can, but since i live in a bachelor apt with two cats, sleeping straight through the night is not always possible! winking smiley

i am so excited about this!

have a great day

Date: March 11, 2008 02:55AM

hi all,

just another quick question. i recently bought a neti pot for my sinus problems (allergies and regualr sinusitis) and i was wondering what you think of it. i was thinking that maybe it will help with the detox. i have actually had the neti pot since october but i have been really nervous and have not tried it yet. if anyone has any tips or anything that would be great too. i am scared that i will drown!

thanks for all your help and support,

mindy

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: March 11, 2008 03:12AM

I use my neti pot often (and I like it), I wouldn't say that it will help with the mucus but it does help with breathing, (it will definitely make it run easier and clear it out temporarly). You're not supposed to use it if you can't breathe out of both sides of your nose. Make sure that the water you use is warm and always must have salt in it. Sometimes I use theese little sinus rinse mixtures called Neilmed, they do not sting like salt can if your sinus is sensitive. To help with the drowning feeling; I always tilt my head almost paralel and make sure you can breathe through your mouth the entire time.
I was a little nervous the first time I did it, but afterwords it felt like such a relief! Don't be suprised if gross things come out too, that happened to me a few times, but you feel sooo much better. I recommend it!
Hope this helps!

Date: March 11, 2008 03:21AM

thanks so much! i will give it a try...i will have have to give myself a pep talk first! heehee

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables