Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: PMS, menstruation and cleansing
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 04:46PM

I heard the sea sponges can have microscopic pieces of sand in them that are not so great. Not sure about ethics and would love to hear some ideas as well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:02PM

>****We are luckier than men in a
> way, to have this to guide us.*****

That is true, and another good point is, women on average live ten years longer than men.... maybe nature's way of paying us back for all the misery! LOL

Most women menstruate on average 40 years, I suppose, so 40 years x 12 weeks/year = 480 weeks in lifetime. 480/52 weeks in a year = approx. 9 years of being on your period. I've noticed most older ladies outlive their hubbys by 10 years. Huh! Interesting stuff!

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Date: March 13, 2008 01:10PM

pakd4fun,

> Angie, Every other period I have is better.

Do you mean, every period you get gets progressively better, or do you mean you alternate - one good one, one bad one, one good one, etc?

Date: March 13, 2008 01:18PM

ROFLOL Coco. Sometimes the way you put thing is just so dang funny. "stupid stick thing" LOL - my thoughts exactly. That was the first thing to go when I got the Keeper. The keeper is really great tho... and it does take about three cycles to get a really dependable technique down so it won't leak - but SUCH a great little doohickey.

>the diva cup and keeper take some playing around with to get the fit right at >first but once you do it's easy after that. i cut that stick thing right off, it >poked me like crazy! stupid stick thing.

I'm really trying to be open-minded about this whole "embracing your period" thing. It's tough for me, because all my life I felt so crappy and lots of people told me it was my attitude... when it was really diabetes.

Everything else has such a cut-and-dry solution. Cut out inflammation-causing foods? Reduce inflammation! Cut out dairy? Reduce mucous! Lower blood sugar? Eat more greens and less sugar! But the period thing has me mystified. Will keep trying though!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 13, 2008 01:37PM

Everyone is genetically predisposed to be more sensitive to different things, I think that's why there is no one answer. I know for me, it is refined sugar. I can have an awful diet, but as long as there's no refined sugar, it's fine (not sure about refined grains since I never ate them too much). I could have 80% raw and tons of greens, but if the 20% was candy--forget it, I'd be in hell. No way do I think everyone is the same. But it's a fair bet that cutting out dairy, sugar, meat are good ideas.

Also--dried fruit and fruit do NOT give me problems. I am quite pro-fruit smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2008 07:24PM

angie1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm really trying to be open-minded about this
> whole "embracing your period" thing. It's tough
> for me, because all my life I felt so crappy and
> lots of people told me it was my attitude... when
> it was really diabetes.

in your case you have something else going on. certainly how you feel and what you think about your period, about the diabetes, about your health and yourself will have an effect but it is only part of the parcel. i don't think there's ever one magic key for any situation, it's usually a combination of things.
you're on the right track, you're here looking for answers and having an open mind about things. that's huge as far as i'm concerned!

glad to give you chuckle winking smiley.

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 16, 2008 08:51PM

I can sympathise with you Angie about the whole attitude/diabetes thing (sorry, bit off topic smiling smiley ).

I had diabetes at least 6 months before I was diagnosed and boy, did I fall out with EVERYONE during that time. I felt so ill but my Mum started losing her temper with me, shouting at me asking what was wrong with me why was I always so "intense" and "miserable", I needed to "lighten up"...even my partner lost it with me when he was drunk one night telling me I was a hypochondriac and needed to stop moaning about everything...and he is so patient normally!!!

I tell you, if there is one thing I have learnt about this whole diabetes thing, it is how crucial good blood sugar balance is to being happy...doesn't everything just go wrong when your BS is out of whack?

Within a week of being on insulin I was like a different person!

By the way your baby is cute!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2008 08:52PM by claire.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 17, 2008 03:59AM

A nice and healthy dose of BS from time to time keeps me laughing and from getting too serious. angry smiley

I am having the most emotional period ever right now. I just want to cry and cry and cry and cry. I think a lot of it has to do with things that were stuck inside/issues I've been dealing with, so I'm trying to wrap my mind around it that way, but oh man! Embracing it, eh...

Emotions are definitely MUCH more profound right now. Dreams, too (I've been listening!).

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables