Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Beating bioterrorism?!?! :O
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 10, 2008 10:19PM

Since this came up a few days ago and I happened to stumble upon this article, I thought it would be something fun to share. And hopefully thought-provocative:

[www.rawfoodlife.com]

I don't know how I feel about taking things like collodial silver, personally--it's definitely not something we need in our every day diet (if it is raw! ^.^) to keep us well. But, maybe, just, maybe Mother Nature planned for disasters worse than even the human mind could imagine? :O

I pray this is forever left to the real of speculation, in any case...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beating bioterrorism?!?! :O
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 11, 2008 12:03AM

phantom, I appreciate you posting this article. I've often heard the praises of colloidal silver and have often wondered about it, especially, now, from the perspective of a raw foods website. I haven't read the article yet but I definitely intend to. Thank you!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:33PM

I vote no. It has the potential to turn people blue, permenantly and it isn't all that effective as an antibiotic. Google argyria. FDA is against it and Australia's drug board is also.

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: March 11, 2008 10:01PM

I wish I could trust the FDA. But since they didn't bother to TEST to see if GE and GMO foods are safe, since they approved aspartame, since they often try to defeat good foods that would compete with big corporate lobbies, I have NO faith in the FDA. I'm just saying...

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 11, 2008 10:14PM

This is a real medical doctor, who brings up some good points. I will not be trying the silver:

[www.diseaseproof.com]

And he is not backed by Eli Lily smiling smiley The American Diabetic Association actually withdrew an invitation for him to write or speak or something, due to industry pressure--vegsource has a video where he talks about it. Because he shows how you can cure type 2 with diet.

Date: March 11, 2008 11:11PM

rost0037 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>The American
> Diabetic Association actually withdrew an
> invitation for him to write or speak or something,
> due to industry pressure--vegsource has a video
> where he talks about it.

Interesting! Thanks, Rost, for this juicy bit. Do you remember what he said about why industry didn't want him? I am on dialup at home this week and I can't see the video.

Date: March 11, 2008 11:18PM

Shoot, I'm at work and can't watch it again. Basically the ADA (Diabetic not Dietetic) people heard of him (word spreads when you are curing people!) and a lady from there asked him to write an article about how nutrition can affect diabetes. Later, the lady calls him back and says they have to withdraw their offer because their sponsor might not like it (I can't remember if it was said or just implied). Basically, a totally turnaround due to industry pressure.

Here is the link to that video for other interested people--[www.vegsource.com]

Date: March 11, 2008 11:22PM

Thanks. I think that there is more to it than money. They believe that people will be unwilling to make the necessary dietary changes, and unable to stick with them, and this is probably true for the most part.

But I don't believe that the sponsors disbelieved what he had to say. Too bad that Fuhrman doesn't have ads running on prime time tv. Maybe some people would make the change and that could spread and provide incentive for others.

Date: March 11, 2008 11:30PM

Yes, for many doctors, they don't think patients will be willing to make the changes. Not that many even offer that option.

Fuhrman doesn't tend to bother with people who don't want to do what it takes to get well. He isn't trying to convince anyone--if they want to keep their addictions and be sick, it's not his problem. But that being said, he is having a new book come out, that will introduce his diet (high-raw, not all raw) in phases. I don't know how it will be done--if it is a combo of adding and removing certain foods, or mostly focused on one or the other. It comes with a food scoring guide (based on phytonutrients and other factors) so I assume there is some logic to it. I am thinking it could be helpful for people who want to switch to raw--have some sort of a guide that you could follow roughly to improve your health, and just keep going towards 100% after you get to the end of his plan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables