Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Massive motivation to eat live raw foods.
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 11, 2008 04:18AM

I just found huge motivation to make this living raw food lifestyle work.

I'm new to YouTube, as of this year. It's how I learned about living and raw foods. I've found so many inspiring and educational videos on there and I spent this evening watching many of them. I've been a bit down lately. Ok, a lot down. I'm not depressed, but I have a lot going on right now and I'm pretty much alone. That's all okay. I'll get through because I always do.

Unfortunately - maybe in some sick way I should be saying "fortunately," I just found the following video on YouTube mixed in with the raw food ones. I'm going to be really raw and open right now and say that it freaked me out and made me cry. I'm really upset at the moment. I'm a little squeamish as it is and didn't need to see this, but, some things you just can't un-see. You are all better at this stuff than I am. Talking about what's in this video is 1000% different than seeing it.

[www.youtube.com]

It's late and I have to try to get some sleep. I don't think I'll get much, but I can't stay up thinking about this. Goodnight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Massive motivation to eat live raw foods.
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: March 11, 2008 05:07AM

Simple Living,

agreed, yucky. Sorry you are upset and feeling down. I cant imagine these being parasites that ya get from raw broccoli. Raw meat or fish, rather.

Maybe you are a bit detoxing and hence more susceptible to downer stuff.

Maybe it helps to refocus on something pleasant right now, read a good book into sleep or watch something entertaining.

WIsh you restful sleep

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 11, 2008 02:20PM

I hope you feel better soon. When I first started raw foods i went through a LOT of emotional changes. I was up and down, all over the place. I felt so good though. Even when I felt physically sick or depressed I still felt good deep down. I knew I was doing the right thing. You are not "pretty much alone" though. Don't forget just because we are online we are still real and very much here.

Keep on keepin' on!!!

Date: March 11, 2008 02:45PM

Thank you cocoa_nibs. I feel a little foolish this morning, but still, that was me in that moment. I was exhausted yesterday. There are a lot of huge life changes going on in my life and it's a bit overwhelming right now. I'm squeamish enough when someone just describes something gross. Other people are fascinated by the inside of humans, but I'm just not. I figured if God wanted me to see what was going on inside me, He'd have given me x-ray vision.

The whole worm issue was one best left to my imagination. I did NOT need to see them (or thier number) squirming around inside someone! Seeing that video sent me over the edge last night. It was too much for me right now. I can't even blame it on detox!

Thanks again for your kindness.

Date: March 11, 2008 03:16PM

Thank you, pakd4fun. This forum is a huge support for me in my raw life. It really helps to be around like-minded people. I just wish I had some of that with the other areas of my life right now. All of my support systems seem to be online at the moment. I've gone through a few years of being a hermit and keeping to myself. I'm only now starting to come out of that and, surprise of all surprises, the world has really changed in those years.

I know this might sound odd to some, and I don't expect people to understand, but, I really did keep to myself. I haven't watched television in years and my life consisted of going to work and home again. Being that I live a mile from work, that's a very small world to be contained in. I didn't have internet during several of those years either.

So, after busting out of my hermitage as of the end of last year, getting the internet back just this past January, I'm finding the world a very different place. Okay, now I'm just feeling goofy, so I'll drop it! LOL Thanks again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables