Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Stiff, cracking joints?
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: March 11, 2008 06:15AM

Hey everyone,

I've been raw for 3 months now (yea!). I recently have noticed that my joints seem to be popping more and feel a little stiff...no pain, just a tightness. Am I missing something in my diet that would cause this effect?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Stiff, cracking joints?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 11, 2008 09:00AM

No. Accumulated proteins and toxin that are being released as part of detox often clog the 'bends' and joints in the body. Short-term this facilitates healing. Long-term abuse of the body WOULD give way to inflammation, stiffness and arthritis of the joints. Just my opinion. So: It's not what you're 'missing' but what you're 'getting rid of'. Keep it up.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:11PM

I have the same opinion as David. Raw will be very antiinflammatory and healing.

this vegan diet included rice and soy
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

this one is all raw, and the full paper is free
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

The Finnish researchers in the study above have written many more papers on raw diets and fibromyalgia. You can see them if you click on the related links sidebars in the link above.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 11, 2008 01:34PM

congratulations leesah! on the three months raw, and the good healing work your body is doing right now. david's right (do i even need to say that?). fatigue, headaches, muscle/joint pain, skin erruptions, and flulike symptoms are classic detox as accumulated toxins are released from storage and make their way to the kidneys, liver, etc. for processing. you can help the process by drinking lots of water, exercising, getting plenty of rest, and eating plenty of nutrient dense foods, which i'm sure you are. supporting the organs of elimination is helpful. throw dandelion greens, turmeric, cilantro, parsley, celery, cucumbers in your smoothies or juices. and thank your body for its efforts on your behalf (as it is certainly thanking you for giving it adequate fuel to attack some big projects...)

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 11, 2008 03:23PM

Excellent responses, maui_butterfly and David!

Would drinking an aloe vera help her with her joints? I've always understand that to be the case.

When a person finds themselves in a detox state, is there anything they can do to assist it along? Perhaps a colonic?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 11, 2008 03:39PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When a person finds themselves in a detox state,
> is there anything they can do to assist it along?
> Perhaps a colonic?

When I am experiencing higher levels of detox I like to increase my water intake to flush out toxins and increase the high fiber foods to help whisk out toxins and do more rebounding (especially the health bounce) to move the lymph fluids which also assists in detox.

Date: March 11, 2008 08:03PM

Thanks for all the input! I'm glad to know that this is a good thing...In the meantime, I'll substitute more yoga and meditation instead of running (give my joints some rest). smiling smiley

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: March 12, 2008 11:34PM

I didn't experience any stiff, cracking joints in my detox. From what I've studied, joint pain and inflammation is caused by eating pork and byproducts from pork,including gelatin capsules (unless it specifically states "veggie caps"winking smiley.

The only way to rid oneself of the parasites that cause arthritis (and inflammation in the joints associated with the parasites) is to use a parasite zapper and to eliminate all pork products from the diet. Read Hulda Clark's book, "The Cure for All Diseases", and it further explains arthritis.

Date: March 13, 2008 06:24PM

Hey Life101,

Luckily, I do not eat pork...and didn't even before I became raw. I would like to check out that book though. My joints have always felt more stiff in the winter. I hope I don't have parasites (Well, I'm sure I have SOME, just not enough to cause myself problems).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables