Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

30 day green smoothie / juice fast together?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:03PM

Is anyone else interested in this idea? We could provide each other with personal support throughout the process. I really need a kick start and if we all posted daily to the dairy blog board and checked in with each other that would really help keep us motivated and on track?

After the 30 day cleanse/fasting experience, I'd love to keep a group going...

Is anyone else interested in starting or being in a Raw Support Group for those who would like to eat 80-100% raw at all times and stay on track? I work so much better when I have a consistent plan and schedule to re-edify my goals and find support with peers who want the same thing.

Whether you have to deal with dead foods or cook them on a regular basis for others, have illnesses or other health challenges, or struggle with the transition to raw living foods but KNOW you want to make a commitment... let's help each other! I don't know if such a support group exists, but if not -let's make one.

Many of us live in an unsupportive environment when it comes to our nutritional choices. Regardless of location we can use this forum and the internet to be that positive energy and help one another stay on track. If you hold a similar view, please contact me.

It's a proven fact that so many people are healthier and still alive today because of support groups like AA (Alcoholics Anonymous). I know some people don't think nutrition is such a crucial matter, but I disagree. What we eat has an over-arching effect on every aspect of our lives, plus eating is unavoidable. I feel so much better and my head is clearer when I'm eating 80-100% raw every day, week, month, etc.

So if you feel the same way, let's get to know each other and be that crucial personal support most of us need. We could arrange various methods of communication and support: schedules, check-ins, posts, exhanging emails, questions and answers thrown out to the whole group, etc. I'd love to to do this and get more personal, healthy contacts and hopefully I'm not the only one. Hope to hear from you all, to our health!
Sentry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 30 day green smoothie / juice fast together?
Posted by: lovekk ()
Date: March 14, 2008 12:09PM

They are doing this on Alissa Cohens websight if you would like to start now.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 14, 2008 05:42PM

yeah sentry, you'll find LOTS of people at rawfoodtalk.com doing master cleanses, juice/smoothie feasts, fitness challenges, and each month there is a group doing 100% raw 30 day challenge. its a VERY supportive community, super helpful support for transitioning!

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: March 14, 2008 05:48PM

You wrote 'dairy blog' - LOL. Hope that wasn't a pair of Freudian boxer shorts!

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: March 14, 2008 11:18PM

I would be interested in doing it with you. maybe there is somewhere on this forum we could do it!

Date: March 15, 2008 12:50AM

Well thanks for the positive replies and links, oh and cocoa_nibs do forgive me for my accidental mention of dairy. I'll be checking out those webpages and see what seems to be the most conducive format, and then get back with some thoughts. Anyone else interested in a green smoothie/juice fast please speak up.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: March 15, 2008 01:22AM

Sentry, I am no police, it was just for fun.... smiling smiley

Best of success for your 30 days of greens! May it go smooth,,,

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 15, 2008 02:12AM

I would be up for the challenge as well. I need to know more, but keep me in the loop for sure!

Posted by: rawvnessa9 ()
Date: March 16, 2008 01:48AM

I would love to start a raw support group! I eat 100 percent raw and sometimes its difficult to keep going without support. We live in a world where cooked food is the norm, and its so hard to find someone who agrees with your philosophy.

Get back to me if you cansmiling smiley i would love it.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 16, 2008 02:57AM

I'd like to do that, and I love this website so maybe use the juice forum and have our own thread there? Or make a yahoo group for the 30 days juice fasting and then restart it again for newbies..or something like that. I am doing much better lately with making more green smoothies, etc..but could use so much improvement and help along the way to upping my % of raw fresh juices and smoothies.

Love,
Prism

Date: March 27, 2008 05:48AM

Hey all,

looks like the rawfoodtalk.com site has the cleanses starting on the first of the month and then logs it by day (1...30). I don't know if it would be best to use that site or to start one on this board?

Prism - you probably know more than me about starting a Yahoo group. What do you think would be the easiest to get people involved and have us all connected? The least complicated the best I'd say.

Maybe the others interested could chime in as to where they would like to do it? Also, I would love to share email or something with a dedicated group so we could really stay on track with each other.

Again, I am new to this but very excited. It might be best to start as a group at the first of the month but let me know what works best for you.

30 day green smoothie challenge in April !
Date: March 31, 2008 03:14AM

Hey all,

thought I would post an update here at the end of the month. I went ahead and registered with rawfoodtalk.com forum for the 30 day challenge. They seem really active there and the administrators start a new thread for each day so we can track our progress and stick with the program.

So after going to rawfoodtalk.com and registering, you can click on the 30 day challenge forum and the first thread is a sign up sheet for April. Anyone interested in doing this cleanse please sign up and if you'd like to message me that would be great too.

My name on there is the same, Sentry. Since we are doing a more strict raw challenge (green smoothies & water based fruit or juice only) maybe we could put Green Smoothie in our subject lines,but it's not a big deal.

I hope more people sign up. Please find me on rawfoodtalk.com as Sentry and send me a message so we can help support each other and reach our goals.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables