Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cold sore (herpes)-hepatitis A
Posted by: Dada ()
Date: March 15, 2008 05:04PM

hi, everybody! about 2 weeks ago i got cold sore (herpes) on my upper lip. the thing is gone now but it left red spot where it was. i have been raw for about a month now and i am wondering if i am detoxing so the body is clearing it up, or am i defficient in certain minerals that caused outburst. also, is herpes linked to the liver cause i had hep.A 14 years ago and i do feel something is going on in my liver right now like a tiny burning sensation.
i don't drink alcohol, no coffee, smokes (quit 8 years ago)etc. I do tend to overeat. I tried to fast and i just can't do it i get dizzi and stuff. i have 3 small kids too. i have 120lb and 5'9.
thanks a lot!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cold sore (herpes)-hepatitis A
Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 16, 2008 12:29AM

hello!

I might be totally wrong, but i believe that herpes and hepatitis ave no connection...
For your cold sore, it might be a detox effect... You could try to put coconut oil on it, it is supposed to work very well on herpes sores...

Fort the fasts, its really hard, for the first 2-3 days, but after that, you get in a really "zen" mood, and you dont feel like eating anymore...Ive done my first fast that i stopped a week ago... Im very satisfied, and i will do it again...I felt soooo calm, it was unbelivable... !

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 16, 2008 12:52AM

I don't think they are related. The cold sore may have just been some detox.

Date: March 16, 2008 01:05AM

Thanks Mira and Bryan! I would like very much to fast but it's kind of hard with kids constantly around me. I think it is a detox, cause I didn't get herpes for a such a long time, it's been years. As for liver, my diet hadn't been so great in the first place when I got it (hepatitis A). All these changes can be scary but at least I know I am doing the right thing.
Love and Peace.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 16, 2008 01:50AM

oh by the way Dada...You can try to fast for 24h only... Its enough for a first fast i think, then after, you can do longer ones...

Date: March 16, 2008 01:59AM

Thanks Mira, I'll keep that in mind. At least I could fast on weekend.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:06AM

here is a terrific one day fast that i think is pretty easy to do.

eat a light breakfast on day one. have only juice or water for lunch and again for dinner. have juice or water for breakfast on day two, then eat a light lunch and dinner, or have juice or water again for lunch if you're feeling like it and a light dinner.

you have fasted for a whole day but spaced it out over two days.

lois was recommending eating kiwi for cold sores. i know that there are some foods to avoid when you have a break out (these foods can bring on breakouts too) like peanuts. if you google that you're sure to find a good list.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 16, 2008 10:03AM

They are both viruses (viri?) but they are not related. HSV-1 is a DNA virus and HAV is an RNA virus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables