Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw in the Work Place
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: March 19, 2008 01:26AM

Your pie is gorgeous Simply Living and I would've been all over it. You have no control over what other people are doing or how they're living their lives. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:18AM

your pies look YUMMO

Posted by: lemoned ()
Date: March 19, 2008 05:19AM

Yummy pies tongue sticking out smiley Never mind your colleagues, it is OK. It is OK ot to like how other people eat, so the same goes for them.
Also something I noticed is that when people have Carl's Jr. lunch, something like a raw desert may really not sit well in their stomach. They get a sour or upset stomach and conclude that they need to stay away from the raw fruit, when it was not the fruit but the combination that messed things up.
Just some explanation why stuff is not getting the recognition it should be getting.

I personally bring savory nut patees (as dip) or the likes to work events, if any.
Other people have said it - SAD eaters can be convinced if stuff resembles foods they are used too. Kind of like veggie dogs or garden burgers.

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 19, 2008 12:45PM

Simple Living Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the picture of my Berry Banana Pie that I
> promised. Pardon my pride, but it's my very first
> raw food creation! The photos haven't been
> altered in any way, except to resize them. Look
> at that color!

Ohhh....

Do you do tech support? I think we have an opening soon where I work. {grin}

-DaveK

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:42PM

Both of those pies look AMAZING, am feeling very jealous that I'm not even on the same continent as them smiling smiley

Trying to eat healthily at work is draining. Even when I was vegetarian, I used to get some kind of negative comment everytime I got something out to eat. What is THAT??? Do you only eat rabbit food? Why are you on a diet, you're not fat? Come on, you can eat a piece of this cake...it's not going to kill you. You're weird.

I have been with the same colleagues for 3 years and they're used to me, but even so it annoys me that they make comments, as I NEVER criticise their food choices. If I am going on a training course/conference or some other thing where there is lunch, I bring my own food and actually go to my car to eat it. Sad, I know, but I just can't be doing with all the negativity and questions and comments and stares.

Date: March 19, 2008 06:09PM

You're taking the high ground Claire. It'd be so easy to make fun of a SAD diet. There are so many wonderfully horrible insults and things you could say to them. But I just keep them to myself...

-DaveK

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 19, 2008 06:28PM

its so funny how different people can be... i love the comments! they don't bother me in the slightest, in fact, i sorta get off on them. i particularly love scaring people with my green smoothies.

what IS that?? "rocket fuel" "oh you know, a few cockroaches, and some grass from my front yard."
"
do you only eat rabbit food? "i only eat gorilla food."

come on, have a piece of cake, its not going to kill you. "you're right, its not going to kill ME. cuz i'm not going to eat it. you, i'm not so sure about!"

(at a conference) "can i get an extra salad? no dressing, i brought my own! hey buddy, i'll trade you my chicken breast for your carrots."

Date: March 19, 2008 07:18PM

ooh Maui those are good. Are those like stock phrases or did you whip those up on the spot? Some of us don't have such wit and might have to take notes. smiling smiley

-DaveK

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 19, 2008 07:22PM

All,

I tried the raw banana strawberry pie just now and it looks exactly like what simpleliving posted. Thankssmiling smiley

Here's what I did (OMG, I am so proud of myself) Three kids will come home soon and I will ttally surprise them with this. It is in the freezer for an hour to set and I will put in the frig for
a couple of hours.

Blended almonds and raisins for crust.
I made that into a pie shape in a plate (I didn't have a pie dish or anything)

Then I blended raw cashews to a paste. I blended it with strawberries and bananas and thats is for filling.

Then I poured it into the crust and then added some strawberries and grapes for toppings. I added a little bit (like 1/2 a spoon) honey.

I can't wait. My oldest (6 yrs) boy willbe home in two hours and I will cut this with him. I am not going to tell that it is raw.

I hope they like it and hope my husband likes it too.

Thanks
A Iyer

Date: March 19, 2008 07:44PM

I'm doing a raw apple pie for my family on Sunday. I realized today that the further ahead of time you do it the more pie-ish it becomes, so I'm going to start on the soaking of the apples and everything tomorrow.

What are we starting here? Stealth raw food-ism? raw ninjas?

Posted by: pattycake ()
Date: March 19, 2008 11:54PM

I worked at a school that had a pie day on 3/14. (Pi=3.14) None of the pies were raw, so I didn't eat any.
The raw chocolate pie looks delicious!

Date: March 20, 2008 12:15AM

pattycake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I worked at a school that had a pie day on 3/14 (Pi=3.14)

ROFL i love geek humor! i'm declaring next March 14th "Pie Day" at my house!

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: March 20, 2008 03:51PM

SimpleLiving those pies looked delicious! Anyone who declined to eat them just missed out and the way I see it...more for you!
I have a hard time sometimes seeing people eat food that I know is slowly killing them, but I try to remember when I ate that way and I know I didn't want to hear from anyone about my diet so I do my best to keep my mouth shut. Just enjoy what you eat and by your example people may just eat a salad with their steak and who knows what could happen from there.

Posted by: claire ()
Date: March 20, 2008 08:11PM

Good solution maui_butterfly!

I shouldn't take things so seriously smiling smiley

Date: March 20, 2008 10:44PM

claire, the way i look at it, in a world full of luther burgers [commons.wikimedia.org] i relish being considered a freak. the freakier the better. celebrate your freak status!

when you do that, you make it okay for people who are sitting on the fence to come join you in freaksville.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables