Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Corn Chip Rant...
Date: March 19, 2008 02:35AM

Hi everyone!
Ok, So I got on the GlobalJuiceFeast, an It provoked me to drop the last dead food in my daily diet...corn chips! As you can see, this is not my first rant about this. In lieu of total juicing... I am adding a juice a day for each month of the JF, ...I plan to be joggin wid em real soon! My already great health, improved even more, upon joinin up with these folks. Preesh!
Well, the JF prompted my to try to delete tortillia chips. BOOM! That flippin idea blew up, ...so out came the dehydrator...27 ears of corn, vita mixer, big freekin crazy ass mess!...17 hrs later, Frankenfood!... lot's of clean-up, (shoulda juiced;-} Result: ummmmnghghgh...corn chips?...kinda..(shoulda juiced;-}
I really am Chef "Boy R Duh" in the kitchen...(I ended up buying frozen,(probably industrial,gmo,...aaarrghhghg?!?!? dehydrating it...realizing, that I have been eating upwards of 24+ ears of polluted corn, that has been fried... does it really freakin matter what kinda oil?!?! ..(shoulda juiced;-}
Ok.. so, Here I am on this health pursuit...mmngnhgh?!??! 10/12 years, and I have this majic pop!...(the sound my head made when it came outta my....?!?!... BECAUSE of the JF! I had been wondering, why I wasn't getttin anywhere, with all the things I had learned... I kept reasoning, "if I buy the organic baked ones", and "make sure I eat plenty of raw foods"...NAH!!! What the flip is gonna make sense, of eating 27 freakin ears of corn a day!?!?! ..(shoulda juiced;-}
I knew that they were not good...but TWENTY SEVEN EARS OF CORN per bag bad!!?!? even this much organic corn, could not be good for me... but...awlright..(shoulda juiced;-}
Ok, so back to the Dehydrated Chips...why is it, if I am a rawnut...and, one of the soundest reasons for me doing this, is the organicly distilled water in the produce...why am I dehydrating...?!??! Cuz I'm fiendin for corn chips...that's why!
Ok, so,,,..(shoulda juiced;-}
the dehydrated "raw-full-of-enzyme" good for me...2 lb bag of frozen corn...(The first experiment was hand cut, off the cobb ...Lucille Ball in the kitchen wasn't this freakin funny to watch!!).....yeilded about a half a bag of good corn chips... way denser...better tastin than I had ever imagined, I mean these things were mad good... !! ...27 freekin ears of corn...2! pounds of frozen kernals... a day?!?!? To feed my corn chip habit?!?!?... I don't think so?!?,,,..(shoulda juiced;-}
I gave up using oil because of the feast... then the chips...even the "organic no-sulfite wine" went.... so...?? I know we get stronger as we go.... "How strong was it, I needed to be again...??" " ...and remind me of why?
.....(shoulda juiced;-}
IMSOGR8FL4UALL! ~!~

So...my friends, any thing you can do to help me out...?make the recipe better?...can I add flax seed to the chip-mix?, ground?, whole?
I am asking a mexican woman who has made tortillias all her life...If'n I cut em into chip size...that's all the machine does...
The taste was great, the texture wasn't "chip" enough for me... but next time...I am serious about the ingredient part though... if this is what it takes...to make a chip I can eat... I might be outta room to move, and have to
"give up the chip".
Wayne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corn Chip Rant...
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:18AM

I feel like I just read a song called "Shoulda juiced." smiling smiley

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:03PM

Sometimes raw uncooking catastrophes are a beautiful reminder of the joy and simplicity in whole, tree-picked foods.

When I made the disastrous Sea Tangle noodle salad the other night, after wasting TONS of great food and ingredients, I was just like, "Should have eaten the avocado."

My suggestion is: try going a few weeks without ANY kind of chips (this may be hard when you have a craving), and then make yourself, after this time period, whatever kind of raw chips you like. See how the body reacts. If your body still really wants the chips, it will tell you--and if they are actually impeding your progress, you will be clearly informed as well. =)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2008 03:45PM

same here. i made an avocado chocolate thing once and when i took a bit thought, i should have just eaten the avocado.

i've had good crispy flax based crackers, i'd experiment with some of those recipes to find one i liked and then add a bit of corn to it until i got something tasty. though i do just love fresh raw corn on it's own, can't think of a way to make it taste any better than that.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: March 19, 2008 04:09PM

I understand completely about not wanting to give up corn chips..I'm the same way too..but I keep thinking before I eat them..I should do a green smoothie first, that way if I actually make the green smoothie and drink 1-2 large glasses of it, and still eat the tortilla chips it's only a handful and not half a bag! Then if you add in some raw salsa, even better..add some avocado or guacamole..yeah..ok..the chips are not the hard thing to give up..it's their crispness/crunch/salt thing for me.

Maybe try popcorn popped in coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil, with some moist grey celtic sea salt sprinkled on..yummy..I think better than tortilla chips and I like a little stale popcorn sometimessmiling smiley

When a non-raw food is keeping us a crave slave to it, we should really try to dump it..as it's the addictive part that I don't like having.

So, if I eat the chips and not have the smoothie..I can say, "should have had the green smoothie"..chorus all chime in.."should have had"....

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 19, 2008 04:42PM

No, Prism, it's "shoulda". smiling smiley

I can kind of relate after what happened to me today. I haven't had cacao for a week or two, after having some almost every day after first going raw. I've been juicing a lot and lots of fruit. I stopped drinking a soy decaf latte, too. Been about 99% raw. Today I made truffles with dates, a little agave, almond butter, coconut oil, cacao, vanilla, and hemp. They are NOT as good as I remember and my body doesn't seem too happy about it, as well as mentally they don't create much pleasure anymore. I will finish them up, but I don't know about in the future if I want food like this.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2008 06:24PM

heh, prism this post did make me think of you...

when i am craving sweets one medjool date usually does the trick. if i want something extra special i take out the pit and stick a nut inside. no fancy recipes for me thanks, one of those dates is totally perfect just on it's own.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 19, 2008 06:30PM

Right. I was certainly lovin corn chips before fully transitioning. I found substitutes that were healthier....and all raw meals that were more satisfying. In the end, I just had to come to grips that I could use substitutes.....but that they did NOT taste the same....but uniquely different.

Tip: It's all about consciousness. START by making your own corn chips from scratch....or using cut up fresh corn tortillas. Bake instead of deep-frying. Then gradually move to other options.

-You gotta go one way or the other. I'm trying to read between YOUR lines...and YOUR thoughts...but: If YOU think tortilla chips are bad.......and fresh, raw plant foods are good....then YOU are going to have to decide how to move forward on what YOU think is good....and eschew what YOU think is bad. Do you follow?

-The real unconscious thing in many folks lives....and therefore the real health hazard...is NOT that they eat a piece of cake...or piece of pizza...or bag of corn chips. In a lifetime....that won't make much of a difference. The tragedy is a path of LESS VOLUNTARY CONSCIOUSNESS and INNER INCONSISTENCY. Thinking one thing and doing another. Thinking something is good - and then doing nothing.....as well as thinking something is bad....and then doing it anyway. Finding out what motivates an indiviudal to do thus is a great inner voyage of true value / discovery.

-Just some thoughts.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 19, 2008 08:55PM

davidzanemason Wrote:
> -The real unconscious thing in many folks
> lives....and therefore the real health hazard...is
> NOT that they eat a piece of cake...or piece of
> pizza...or bag of corn chips. In a
> lifetime....that won't make much of a difference.
> The tragedy is a path of LESS VOLUNTARY
> CONSCIOUSNESS and INNER INCONSISTENCY. Thinking
> one thing and doing another. Thinking something is
> good - and then doing nothing.....as well as
> thinking something is bad....and then doing it
> anyway. Finding out what motivates an indiviudal
> to do thus is a great inner voyage of true value /
> discovery.

damn! DZM you're a freakin' genius!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 19, 2008 09:19PM

I love this, dzm. If I'm going to eat something, I'm going to enjoy it unapologetically, no matter what it is. I chose to eat it, after all. And if I don't feel physically good afterwards, I might not want to eat it again, but I won't regret what I did, either.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 19, 2008 10:49PM

Thank you Maui. Yeah Rost.....exactly....that's awesome. I make my decisions.....and I give them my all....and sometimes they are NOT the smartest decisions! Ha! ha! But they are MINE....and I learn immeasurably...you know? I'm like that too. Sometimes I CHOOSE to do something I don't think is right - so I try to get as much enjoyment and knowledge out of it as I can....and I'm ok with that. The rest of the time, I choose to do things....and they usually work out. Ha! ha! I either do the RIGHT thing...and accept the fears/anxieties/mistakes as the ticket price of entry.......and be happy.......or I do the WRONG thing.....try to get as much enjoyment as I can.....and be happy. But NEVER the middle ground of doing the wrong thing and feeling bad......or doing the right thing and feeling miserable and over-worked! LOL. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 20, 2008 04:00AM

Wow! What a great buncha folks! I really appreciate the help! My head is still a spinnin at the realization, of how many ears of corn, I have been consumin! I have gotta make some more changes..and up the level of play in my pursuit! Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables