Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

eggs
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:32AM

hey guys I got another one that I need help with. You all have been so helpful with my questions in this new change in lifestyle. What do you all feel about raw eggs. Is it safe to eat raw eggs and what about raw meat. As a weight lifter, I'm trying to put the pounds on but going raw isn't conducive to it so the advice I've gotten from bodybuilders is to eat raw eggs and meat since I'm going raw but I wanted to hear what you guys thought or if you have any experience with it. Thanks a bunch all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: eggs
Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:41AM

better try the question on a non-vegan site winking smiley

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 20, 2008 05:06AM

Go to YouTube, type "Fruitarian Fitness (Part 1)" in the search bar and watch the full 4:48 video. Then move on to Part 2 and Part 3.

Now, keep in mind this guy only eats fruit! (If he doesn't impress you, then I don't know what to tell you!) Then contact the guy on his website. You don't need meat or eggs. And I say this as someone who isn't against eating meat or eggs. I just choose not to for optimal health.

There was a picture on these forums awhile ago showing an in-shape raw foodist 35 years ago and today. He got fit on raw foods and still looks phenomenal! Then it compared it to Arnold Schwarzenegger then and now. He got his muscle from meat protein and they show a shirtless shot of him today and how his physique is, well, just ugly and "melted."

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 20, 2008 05:42AM

Wow, I'm glad that you aren't paying these other bodybuilders for their "advice!" I say run the other way and do your own research. Research NOT what has the most protein (this is a common mistake), but how much protein you need, sources of HIGH-QUALITY protein, what is in the healthy plant-based foods you eat, and go from there. Plant-based (and a bacteria-based) foods provide all of the nutritional requirements that we have, even as weight lifters, exercisers, bodybuilders, etc., and you would also have an abundance of energy and antioxidants in your system, provided you had a varied diet with plenty of greens and fruits. If you can get your protein from foods that are also high in phytochemicals, low in fat, and are conducive to a more energy- and life-sustaining existence, why not?

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 05:43AM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 20, 2008 09:00AM

The bodybuilding diet/lifestyle is not the longevity lifestyle.

I think it is true you will need more protein if you intend to add a lot of mass. It is also true that whole cooked egg has the highest net nitrogen utilization of any single protein source (much much less for raw egg so don't bother, aside from the vegan and bacterial issues). But you can get a decent protein intake from a number of plant sources, some of which are not strictly raw but less highly processed than others (rice, hemp).

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 20, 2008 11:03AM

The above posts are exactly correct. I would imagine that the high-quality proteins available through a plant-based diet are best. And YOU are welcome here Davino, but the discussion of animal products is not - as this is a vegan forum.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2008 10:32PM

thanks guys for all the input, especially Simple Living, I definately take all your input seriously. Sorry if I offended anyone with the subject matter, I've only been raw for two months and still figuring things out about this site and the raw lifestyle.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 21, 2008 01:33AM

Yeah, standard bodybuilding diets are horrific, all that animal protein and hardly a vegetable. They don't age well. And they think fruit is evil.

One that I know read Richard's (fruitarianfitness) article (actually he told me he read it twice) in "Natural Muscle" magazine and said wistfully, "I couldn't be big if I ate like that."

As if he knows he should be eating better, more f+v, more fresh, more plants. But has this fixation on maximum size above all.

I am not willing to make that sacrifice. Are you?

Posted by: monson ()
Date: March 21, 2008 02:33AM

you may want to check out [www.welikeitraw.com]
and
[www.welikeitraw.com]

there were several pics of him on welikeitraw.com but i don't know what happened to them.
the guy is definitely the biggest raw foodist i've ever seen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables