Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

You have to promise not to laugh......
Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:07AM

I finally got my cast off my broken arm on Friday - six long and frustrating weeks, but I was so excited at the prospect of getting about 500 things done that have been falling behind.

Never did I expect that as soon as the cast came off, the pain would suddenly get really bad again. They assured me that was normal - did the x-ray again and showed me the break - it still shows up. Said it would be up to four weeks before this settles back to normal, and to continue to take it easy.

Ok, I was quite resistant, but had to admit they were right, so I am doing my best.

But ............

Racing through the house this afternoon, I stubbed my little toe - my son had been lifting weights and left the weights in the middle of the floor. I'm sure I broke it - it has swollen up HUGE, and has pretty much bruised to a dark almost blackish color. (not just my toe, but a good part of my foot too!)

We had enough broken fingers and toes over the years all my daughers were in gymnastics that I won't bother seeing the doctor, I know how to tape this up, and what good is the extra x-ray anyway

But

G-R-R-R-R-R-R !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my luck, haha!!

Sapphire

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You have to promise not to laugh......
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:13AM

Yeah, NOT funny. Stubbed toes hurt. sad smiley

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:00AM

*HUGS*

Ouch,that really must hurt.

XOXO

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 20, 2008 01:38PM

Oh man!! What luck. I'm sorry.

Too bad it wasn't your son who stubbed his toe on his weight smiling smiley.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 20, 2008 02:03PM

Sorry about that .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2008 03:18PM

Promise not to laugh at ME!
When I was 7,I was riding my sisters back like a horsie and fell off and broke my right wrist.Then two weeks later was climbing a tree,a tree of all things.With a broken arm.Well the branch I was on decided to snap and down I went into breaking my LEFT wrist.Then a week later I fell into a big mud puddle and had to have the right cast replaced.Then a few days later I slipped while playing,with two broken arms,and cut my nose which required stitches.THEN on the day I was to go get the stiches out I was playing in the yard where there were boards with nails in them.What happened you say?? Yup! That nail came right up through the top of my sneakers!!
I think the doctors were about to press child abuse charges against my mother at that point.
This is a true story.

Brian
ps.Sorry about the awful clothes.Its what kids wore back in the early 70's.smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 03:23PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 20, 2008 03:30PM

Brian, that's a terrible story! I understand that it's been shown statistically that people with broken bones or recovering from broken bones have a much higher rate of injury. I guess it's because people are thrown off balance... they fall because they're limping, or just handle things badly because they're favoring a break.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2008 03:38PM

Actually this was all rather funny at the time.Believe it or not.
I was just a silly kid who didnt know when to stop playing!
smiling smiley
Brian

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 20, 2008 04:02PM

Boy, oh boy, Brian, I have to admit, I laughed reading your post. I am sure it must have been rough on you, but what a boy, and what luck - if it wasn't for bad luck, you would have had no luck at all!!! Your poor mom!! Quite the story.

I know exactly what you mean, my first reaction when I realized my toe was broken was to think it was funny. Probably my own just desserts for thinking I am so self important and indespensable.

I LOVE the photo. Brings back memories. When I was about that age, I remember a pair of bubble-gum pink bell- bottom "jeans" I owned with bright purple pockets. I must have been about 9 or 10, and thought I was the most fashionable young lady ever. Wish I had pictures, my kids would probably be rolling on the floor laughing at that one, haha!!

Sapphire

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 04:03PM by Sapphire.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 20, 2008 05:28PM

geez saphire, apparently the universe is telling you to lay low for a while, take a load off, relax! no hustle-bustle rush-rush for you young lady!

brian, your story is hysterical!!! sorry, i DID laugh, hard. my little brother broke his arm two times in the same year AND got stitches on his face, and yes, child welfare services came to our house to investigate. my mother was absolutely mortified.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: March 20, 2008 08:59PM

Sapphire, if you want a remedy for broken bones etc, 'raw' fresh comfrey root is unbeatable. You chop it up as fine as you can and make a paste of it, it is quite slimy stuff. You put this on the part which is to be treated and cover this with natural cotton cloth and a piece of plastic and a bandage to keep it all in place. You keep on adding fresh root everytime before it dries out. Try it and you will see miracles happen. I have done it with my 2 year old daughter who fell from the bed and broke her collar bone, and I have used it for an injury of my own foot. The results were nothing short of miraculous. Comfrey encourages very fast healing of bones especially but also of other structures because of a certain "growth factor", allantoin. It is powerful. You can also make comfrey root tea and soak the affected limb in the tea.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 20, 2008 10:22PM

aw! I'm not laughing but you seem to have some humor about it and that is good! I guess it could be funny in a cartoonish, slapstick sort of way.

Come to think of it, just stay away from rakes for awhile....

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 20, 2008 10:30PM

Owie, Oohie, Owie!

You're handling it with much better grace than most, Sapphire!
Heal soon....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables