Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Soy Milk
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:33PM

Hi. Ive been a longtime vegan, whos pretty much lived off soy fruit smoothies but am trying to go raw. This means I have to give up my soy milk - I know you can make smoothies with water, but is there another "soymilkish" liquid that I can use instead of water? Also, for those who have made the transition from vegan to raw vegan, how did you give up tempeh?!?! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Soy Milk
Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:39PM

Welcome ellejay!

As far as soy goes, in my opinion, you don't need it. I was a soy addict myself for awhile until I learned that there isn't any natural soy left. It's ALL been genetically modified in some way. That was enough to stop my love of soy.

As alternatives, for smoothies, you can make nut milks very quickly and easily! Here's a video from [www.youtube.com] that shows you how quick and easy it is! I didn't think I'd like it but I love it. And, best of all, it's FRESH!

Many people don't add ANY "milks" to their smoothies. A little water when needed, but other than that, the fruits and veggies make up the bulk of the smoothies, not water or milks.

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 06:52PM by Simple Living.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:40PM

There many issues with soy milk, you can make other healthier milk with almond, oat
[www.rawtimes.com]

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:37PM

It might sound weird but bananas worked for me in place of soy milk in my smoothies.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:43PM

Yep, nut or oatmilk is real easy! And even yummier.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: March 20, 2008 10:47PM

I make my own hemp milk.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 21, 2008 05:25PM

I haven't made any nut milks yet but I did make banana milk. I was thinking a combination of almond milk and banana would be yummy and cost effective. Meaning 1 cup of almond milk, and one banana blended.

-DaveK

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:16PM

Posted by: Itzdavey (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2008 11:25AM

I haven't made any nut milks yet but I did make banana milk. I was thinking a combination of almond milk and banana would be yummy and cost effective. Meaning 1 cup of almond milk, and one banana blended.

-DaveK

Sounds great to me! Throw in a little cacao and I'll be right over! (Love chocolate and banana together!)

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:12PM

I'm new to raw, so could somebody give me the skinny on Cacao? By inference I've determined that it's "kinda like chocolate, but raw." I don't know much else about it. Where does it come from, why is it chocolatey, and is there anything I need to know about buying it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables