Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

immediate asthma relief? recipes?
Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: March 20, 2008 06:41PM

hi all,

Does anyone have any favorite remedies for asthma relief? I mentioned on another post, I am on my 11th day raw, and also have the flu (I do believe it is the flu because my boyfriend caught it too, and I know he didn't catch my detox smiling smiley

My body is really working so hard, but out of desperation from wheezing and gasping, I called my regular dr and he called me in 'something'. The 102 fever seems to have killed my brain cells, because I paid for it - all $256 bucks - it was 2 steroids medications. I just can't bring myself to take them. I also just went back within minutes but they won't accept returns. So, I am taking this as a $256 lesson, and moving on.

I have not been juicing as I have been too weak, but think I might be ready too. Greens? Garlic? I'd be really interested in any of your ideas! I also lost 10 lbs in 10 days, which is lovely, but so quick, no wonder I feel wretched.

thank you so much! here's to no steroids!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: immediate asthma relief? recipes?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:15PM

Opinion:

-If you are EVER in an immediate crisis...you should get out of it FIRST...before worrying about lifetime/lifestyle changes. This is paramount. Seek a the healthcare professional you choose to help you get out of any immediate health crisis.

If you are in a non-immediate crisis, there are two main ways to get out of it: 1) Fast (either juices or water), rest, light yoga, an enema (heh..heh) and positive thoughts and dwelling WITH the malady..and showing it love.....until the crisis passes. 2) Medical intervention (medications, surgery, etc.)

-My opinion is always to try #1 for at least three days. If solution #1 is not sufficient...you can then try whatever wholistic remedies & solutions you determine, before moving on to stage 3. Either way, don't feel guilty for having tried everything you know...and then resorting to western medicine. They are good mechanics! LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:47PM

Hi,

Please get out of the immediate crisis first, thats my opinion... Can you take the meds and feel better now, then do juice fast etc for cleansing?

If this is NOT a crisis and you feel that you can wait ...

Here's what my husband did (had asthma for 20+ years and now almost free of this for about 6 + months, no medicines, inhalers etc)

fasting absolutely worked for him.
He fasted (water only) for 3 days and after day 1, he felt so light his chest/ lung heaviness went away and he was able to breathe much better.

After three days of water fasting he switched to fresh juices and did that for about a 10 to 12 days.

That did it for him.

But two points that I want to say:
1. Fasting can aggrevate the symptoms that you have - your asthma can get a LOT worse and then get better. If this gets to be at a stage where it troubles you too much, please seek medical help. It is NOT worth putting your health in danger. You can fast/ juice/ eat raw at any time, but get better now. Do take the meds if you need to.

2. You are going to need complete rest when you are fasting. Do not get out of bed, rest rest and more rest.

Hope this helps.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:51PM

wow RK, congratulations on taking radical self-responsibility for your health and wellbeing. sorry about the $256, but you're right, that is a good lesson. maybe you could have them bronzed and mounted, or make a little shadowbox art piece entitled "all in the past" and hang it on your bathroom wall.

check this website www.earthclinic.com they have great natural remedies! and here is their page on asthma treatments... [www.earthclinic.com]

good luck!

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: March 20, 2008 08:01PM

In some people vitamin C can do the job, 250-500 mg in one dose.

There is a weed, called Asthma weed, it is super. You burn the leaves and inhale the smoke, or you can make a tea of it, or put the leaves on your pillow. If you are interested then I can try to find one in the garden for a picture (not sure if I will find any, we have just been weeding...) tomorrow (it is now 10 pm and dark out here).

There is a very good herbal formula (capsules, and raw smiling smiley ), Lung and Bronchial Formula (also called Resp-Free), which will take care of the asthma. You can order it from [herbsfirst.com]

If you were in a crisis, and you were here, then I could give you something which would cure you forever smiling smiley, but strange enough it only works in crises, not in milder cases.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 08:05PM by greenpower.

Date: March 20, 2008 08:32PM

I love you guys! Thank you from the bottom of my wheezy lungs for all your info and opinions, I will be going over all of them again.

Davidz - I really like the idea of the fasting as I am barely eating (just fruit) as it is. I might focus on green juices starting tomorrow. Since I am stuck with the meds, they'll be there if I want to take them. The thing that irked me anyhow, is that it says it could takes weeks for both of them to work. That got me thinking that I could heal myself in weeks, I was looking for an easy breathe, now and that's why I consented to getting the medssmiling smiley

Anuiyer7 - that's the thing, the meds don't work right away, and once you start you can't go off them until you are finished/under dr's care. one would be 'needed' for 3 months, yikes! AWESOME to hear about your husband's asthma, that really inspires me. I've never water fasted so I might do juice.

Maui - LOL I love the shadow box idea, that is really cool. or I could be a pharmaceutical rep for Halloween.....thanks for the links, will chk them out!

Greenpower - there's an 'asthma weed'? are you serious? that's fascinating. I will chk out the herbal formula, that is something I would do. I do have ester c and tried that to no avail. I did read MSM was good for the lungs too, but I take that every day already.

again, thank you so much all. It's funny how sometimes you know you're in the midst of a life-changing moment...

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: March 21, 2008 01:47PM

RawKitty, yes I am serious! Here is the picture! Took it today in our garden. My asthma patients all love it! I will give you detailed info on how to use it if you like. Tha Latin name is Euphorbia hirta.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 01:50PM by greenpower.

Date: March 21, 2008 08:17PM

hi Greenpower!

thank you kindly for taking the time to take the picture! that's wonderful. Of course, nothing is growing here, and we are having a snowstorm currently. I wonder if I can order the seeds somewhere for this. Then, I would ask you for instructions on how to use it. Thank you for the latin name - I was planning on ordering my spring planting supplies soon, so I will be interested to see if I can find this at all. although if it's deemed a 'weed' people might think I am nuts for trying to 'buy' it. smiling smiley

It looks beautiful and sunny there...ahhhhh!

Thank you so much!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:37PM

gosh, that stuff grows all over on maui (as a weed)!
interesting because there is a much greater than average (compared with US Mainland) incidence of asthma on the island.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables