Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

THEY ARE COMING TO GET US!!!!! "ATTACK OF THE EATING DISORDER CLASSIFICATION" HELP HELP HELP!!
Posted by: mykmyk ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:04PM

Here is something a little loco!!! Almost scary!!!

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THEY ARE COMING TO GET US!!!!! "ATTACK OF THE EATING DISORDER CLASSIFICATION" HELP HELP HELP!!
Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 21, 2008 06:37PM

Wow, that was a terrible video. They were having too much fun with the effects, making some of the slides impossible to read without careful pausing. Anyway, dumb. People who cook regularly often spend more than three hours a day in the kitchen (so spending three hours a day thinking about food is a given), and nearly everyone who makes even simple meals at home has to plan meals ahead if only to shop. Planning meals ahead is a sign of disorder? Not worth watching. Not well written, and it should have just been an essay, not a video.

Re: THEY ARE COMING TO GET US!!!!! "ATTACK OF THE EATING DISORDER CLASSIFICATION" HELP HELP HELP!!
Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:04PM

I agree! Gov't propaganda. Glad to know once that hits Nightline all of my co-workers will at least have another term for me besides 'healthy'.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:29PM

Ok
So what am I supposed to do?
Eat at McDonalds 3 times a week.
Will that make them happy??
Will that make me look "normal??"
Jeeze

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2008 07:30PM by Raw1228.

Posted by: brenna ()
Date: March 21, 2008 07:36PM

Wow so the only time I'm being normal is when I go to the drive though and get a Big Mac? Because I'm not planning it...what a load of crap.
When I ate SAD I remember spending hours planning my food. Making corned beef and cabbage for St Patricks day was a several days long event.
What a bunch of crap. Putting garbage in your body every day and passively killing yourself is what's not normal.

If this makes me a freak I'm happy to be a freak. I think I was already anyway.

Date: March 21, 2008 08:21PM

Hi freak.
Glad to know you.
I am one too.
And feeling so much better being one.
smiling smiley

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: March 21, 2008 08:31PM

who ever put this out there is ridiculous.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: March 21, 2008 11:19PM

it says that it can lead to disorders such as anorexia... I think its the opposite, i admit that i have had little problems with anorexia in the past, and this way of eating really put me on the right path... I dont feel guilty, i dont binge anymore... Its very cool... I'm so glad that i've found this site, and this forum helps me so much...!

But it is true that we are VERY concerned about what we eat here, but i don't think its a problem, since what we are doing is good, you just coudlnt do better... WE don't deserve these labels, its a bit frustrating.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 22, 2008 12:00AM

i think i have a media disorder
i am VERY concerned of all the junk that is out in the media
and thus i am a media anorexic
i don't watch television, barely listen to the radio and ask people to not give me horrendous news

i am STARVING myself of bad news

BAD girl! BAD girl!

i must consume more bad news to be healthy

yes sir Uncle Sam ( saluting!!)

Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: March 22, 2008 12:26AM

My god!

I'm such a sick person and I didn't know.

I eat only raw foods and, like la_veronique said, I avoid mass medias and bad news.

I'm on such a bad way of being!

Ahahah, Seriously, sometimes it scares me when my family or friends think this way about me.

For those who have seen the movie The mist, all the disinformation we see today makes me think about the religious lady in the film.

Date: March 22, 2008 12:59AM

WOW!
I am seeing the strong opinions here.
Yes,I have felt for many years that the tv news just fed us a bunch of crap we didnt need to know in the first place.
I used to have cable tv with 100+ channels.
I am down to basic cable with 21 channels.
NEXT is NO tv with 0 channels.
Ahhhh....FREE tv.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:48AM

I've gained weight on raw, tried a host of new foods (sprouts, many greens, countless tropical fruits, and then recipes!!), and have never felt happier, better about myself, or more sociable.

And part of that nonsense in the beginning just sounds like, "WE HAVE TO CLASSIFY YOU WITH AN EATING DISORDER IF YOU EAT HOW THE SPECIES EVOLVED TO EAT."

All you can do is live by example, and time will tell all...

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:45AM

I knew there was something wrong with you people when I looked at the thread with all the pictures, and everybody was healthy and good-looking! You heathens!

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: March 22, 2008 05:47AM

Pardon my French but, WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!!

Not to mention INCREDIBLY offensive. Especially for those of us who have seriously suffered from a REAL eating disorder, which I can tell you is infinitely more damaging (and in my case almost lethal) than making sure what we eat is good for both our bodies and the earth...or at the very least not destructive.

And, OMG, actually PLAN what you're going to eat the night before? How radical!! Just lock me up and throw away the key. I mean, give me a break. People lay out their clothes the night before. And, why? To keep them from making an accidental bad choice the next morning in a rush and walking into the office in mismatched shoes and their pajama bottoms. But I guess purchasing poison from a vending machine rather than making sure you have an apple or something with you is perfectly acceptable...sane even. Unbelievable!!

Don't get me started...

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 22, 2008 06:39PM

I don't think it is necessary to take this orthorexia thing personally. There are people eating a raw foods diet who get to weighing under 80 pounds, like the anti-raw-vegan proponent Tom Billings did. It is possible to get into a low state of health if one doesn't pay attention to whether or not what one is doing is working. So things that we use to build our health, if misapplied, can be used to diminish our health. This means a raw diet, or exercise, or sex, or thinking can lead to illness if one does not listen to the feedback of the body.

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: March 22, 2008 10:25PM

You're right Bryan. I know I shouldn't take this drivel personally, but still, it's hard not to. I've lost three beautiful women friends to eating disorders; one from a massive heart attack caused by severe electrolyte imbalance at 29, and the other two to suicide, the most recent just this past year. Bulimia and anorexia kill...not plant-based organic food.

The fact that I switched to this diet right around the time I became anorexic (then bulimic, then anorexic, then...back and forth for over 20 years) was, I am convinced, my saving grace, and why I didn't end up just another statistic too. Thankfully, I'm out of that prison now, one day at a time, but it left an indelible mark on my spirit from which I'm not sure I'll ever completely heal. My body has long since recovered, incredibly, but I wouldn't wish that type of mental and emotional punishment on anyone.

I just wish people would THINK before blythely throwing around words like eating disorder, holocaust, etc. Not worth the negative energy to even pay credence to, I know, but sometimes I just can't help it.

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables