Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What water to drink
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:00PM

I'm a little confused here.

I've been 100% for 2 month and a half now and I'm loving it so far but I'm not sure what water is considered the best one.

I live in a rural town so we get our water from our own well so I was raised with the idea that this is the best water I can get. Now, I often ear that water without the minerals would be the best. I wonder why because, in my thinking, getting more minerals is the way to go.

So, any opinions on the best source of water. What water do you drink when you are in town? Do you ever drink tap water?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What water to drink
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:05PM

Hi.
I do not drink tap water anymore,if for nothing else but the taste.
The last water report for my municipality said that pregnant and breast feeding women should not drink the tap water!
Ok,
So I drink only distilled water.
I drink the supermarket jugs,but I heard you can even do better than that...make your own at home.
As far as I know if it says DISTILLED on the container it has at least been steam collected,and hence cleanest of most waters out there.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 21, 2008 10:23PM

Opinion:

My experience is that water that is essentially clean, and then put through reverse osmosis should be fine. If you are very concerned, you can buy distilled water - as mentioned above. I rarely drink water....so I just keep a couple of jugs from the water purification machines at Walmart. It runs municipal water....which is already pretty clean...through charcoal filtering, uv light, and reverse osmosis....so its about as good as it gets.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 21, 2008 11:03PM

Posted by: sebzzz (IP Logged)
Date: March 21, 2008 02:00PM

I often ear that water without the minerals would be the best. I wonder why because, in my thinking, getting more minerals is the way to go.

Minerals that have been incorporated into a plants structure have become one with the plant and are easily absorbed by the digestive system. Minerals that havn't used the plant as a go between the earth and the animal can't be used any more then if you tried to eat dirt for nutrition. The minerals are in the dirt but we need the plants to organize them for us so that we can use them. IMO, it is a good idea to get as much of the foreign debris as possible out of the water so that it is just water and nothing else.

Posted by: stoner ()
Date: March 21, 2008 11:19PM

My friend has one of those really expensive filters that gives you the absolute purest water you can get. He did some tests on tap water as well as bottled water and the best was fiji. i have been drinking it since he told me this. i feel great!

.........living to tell a tale of a life it self........

Date: March 22, 2008 01:30AM

distilled. though when i feel thirsty i usually reach for an apple.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:38AM

I have heard that distilled water removes some minerals from the body. I believe it could be true.

Date: March 22, 2008 01:41AM

meh, there is very little mineral content in water to begin with, i highly doubt that distilled water is removing all that much, if anything at all. just have some green juice or put in a couple of drops of liquid chlorophyl if you're concerned. distilled is very very clean and pure. i leave it in the sunlight before i drink it for a few minutes sometimes or shake it up to make it happy.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 22, 2008 02:01AM

Raw1228 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The last water report for my municipality said
> that pregnant and breast feeding women should not
> drink the tap water!

YIKES!!!

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:13AM

I use a Berkey stainless steel drip water filter that passes the water through 2 carbon cartridges that at the rate I am drinking water should last for 7-8 years..Provisions for adding 2 more carbon cartridges is built into the unit..

These filters are in use by the UN, various relief agencies, the military, etc..When real tough filtering jobs exist..With dirty water, it's necessary to pre- filter the large dirt particles out with cheesecloth or something similar..

Supplementary heavy metal white cartridges that attach below the carbon cartridges can be added to the units..They filter out lead & arsenic for sure, maybe other metals..(I don't remember for exactly)

They come in 5 different sizes..I have the Big Berkey..It makes my Baltimore City tap water much more palatable, as well as healthier..Check them out at [www.berkeywater.com]

I purchased mine through Pleasant Hill Grain.. [www.PleasantHillGrain.com]

I bought this filter primarily because I can break it down & easily transport it with me..Traveling, camping, etc..

Bruce

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables