Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fruits and fats
Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:32AM

I heard sweet fruits are a bad combination with fats. I wonder what to do with salads. I like to put sweet fruits in them but also like to add flax seeds or hemp seeds so I now wonder if it's a bad thing to do.

Do you separate your fat intake from your fruit intake a 100%?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruits and fats
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 22, 2008 01:40AM

Separating them is a slow process. I used to love raw pies, full of fruity middles with nutty crusts--now my stomach doesn't like them.

But in some cases with fruit, you eat the seeds and the fruit, and nature designed them that way, so... listen to your body! =)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 22, 2008 11:17AM

If, at first, combining them does not bother you....then do so. If it does...make a plan to begin separating them....or to mono-eat.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 22, 2008 03:19PM

I tend to sequential eat mono meals throughout my day as it feels right to me and agrees with me as far as digestion goes. I start my day eating juicy fruit like tangerines or cantaloupe. My next meal is usually more juicy fruit but not the same as my previous meal, lately its been mangos, some days its apples. Then I like to eat a meal of more solid fruit like bananas. Later I like some avocados. Then I like to have a salad meal. I like to follow that with a meal of bright colored bell peppers or carrots & celery. And I like to finish my day with seeds. I like to "eat the rainbow" trying to include as much variety in my daily diet as possible and whenever I feel an urge for some particular raw food I always go with my body signal first. The above meals are loosely structured and some days I may eat meals that are not mono meals or maybe something raw that I havn't eaten in awhile.The number of meals I eat in a day changes and is loosely structured. Everyone finds a raw path that they like to travel. I find that my path is slightly different everyday but always leads to my raw goals. So you can see that typically I don't eat fruits and fats in the same meal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2008 03:30PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 22, 2008 10:32PM

Fats if mixed with fruit, in general, fairs better with fruits like oranges or more acid like fruits. Try that if anything first maybe??

If you are not bothered, then . . . don't bother worryin'. Chances are through time you will start to sense things differently and change . . . or then again, maybe not :O)

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: March 22, 2008 10:50PM

I make my own flax milk, which I drink along with different fruits during the course of the morning/mid-day to no ill effects. Usually apples, pears, oranges, tangerines, berries (when in season), and the occasional few raisins or date.

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables