Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mono-eating?
Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:59PM

That's helpful David...thanks. And I like what you said about mono-eating being a lifetime endeavor. Never thought of it that way but makes a lot of sense.

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:58PM

Don't you get a 'Sugar Spike' when you mono-eat Fruit all day?......WY

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 27, 2008 12:09AM

Lately, when I've been sticking to just fruit (mono-eating or otherwise), I feel great. I start moving at full steam when I wake up, don't have any energy spikes or dips, sleep great... then just keep going the next day. It keeps me clear, even, and full of power for the day.

Posted by: meinleben ()
Date: March 27, 2008 02:58AM

WY

sugar spikes seems to happen when sugar is mixed with fats.....does not tend to happen when doing mono....

the fat traps the sugar in the blood which causes sugar not to be able to move out as it should...

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:29AM

Sugar spike? By eating a handful of fruit every 2 hours? Certainly not in my experience.....and I've been eating this way for years.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: March 29, 2008 06:56PM

A little late on this thread, but I just wanted to ask a bit. If had something like snow peas, green beans, snap peas - would those be close enough to be a single mono meal?

Those are some of my favorite munchy vegetables. *crunch crunch*

Date: March 29, 2008 07:05PM

BTW, I just had my first sort of mono meal. 3 bananas! I feel full but not bloated/lethargic full. My stomach seems quite happy. Like it's relaxed, just chillin' out, digestin' bananas, goin "hey thanks for the 'naners bud."

Date: March 29, 2008 08:07PM

Itzdavey: They wouldn't be for ME....because I just eat in 'batches'. One type of thing....from one batch. I don't even really mix different batches of the SAME fruit! Ha! ha! The there are no raw food police and no league rules...heh...heh. So if you mono-eat 'greens' or 'peas' at a meal...and this is simplifying your diet for you - I say go for it!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 29, 2008 08:41PM

If you don't mind a technical question for a moment. Are there really different enzymes in my body for something like a green bean vs. a snow pea?

If so, then it raises the question for me about how many enzymes DOES my body have? Is there like a database in my DNA that contains instructions on how to build the enzymes for every single food? Or what? lol

-DaveK

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 29, 2008 08:44PM

Anotherwards - Eating some watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew could be called Mono-eating melons, butttt, only eating one melon as a mono-meal would be another version, annnnnd finally if you ate only one type of melon from one batch, grouping or picking would be yet another way to look at it. Guess you need to pick how you define it. There is no real right or wrong to me either. :O)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 29, 2008 08:58PM

DaveK -- I'm not a scientist so I can't address your question from that perspective but I can say that from my own experience I have found that if the body can identify the food eaten it will provide just the right digestive environment and that includes EVERYTHING about the digestive process needed to digest the food. When the foods are mixed either by not eating simply or not letting the food get out of the stomach before putting more in the body has a harder time getting the job done. Poor digestion can make itself known in many ways. When I cooperate with my body and eat mono meals and wait for a slight return of hunger before eating a different food the digestive results are fabulous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2008 09:04PM by EZ rider.

Date: March 29, 2008 10:21PM

Sounds right. I think I am overcomplicating it. smiling smiley

Date: March 30, 2008 12:06AM

Right. Its all about simplifying it AS much as you feel you can. I guess the 'perfect' meal would be ONE apple at a sitting! ha! ha!.....although that is certainly unpractical for most. LOL.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 30, 2008 12:32AM

Posted by: davidzanemason (IP Logged)
Date: March 29, 2008 04:06PM

I guess the 'perfect' meal would be ONE apple at a sitting!

That pretty well describes how I eat. I eat a small meal like an apple and then I wait for awhile and I eat another apple etc until my body signals its had enough apples or it signals for something else like a mango or grapes or something. I separate different foods by waiting for a slight return of hunger signal. Its a very simple and easy way to eat and I just love it. :=)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables