Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what's in your cupboard?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2008 02:40AM

Hey everyone... you know how everyone always has a load of things in their kitchen that they always, always have to hand...

well i was wondering what are the things you guys ALWAYS have? what are the most important things you always need?- kinda like the staples of your diet/ the bits and pieces that make your world go round!

...just curious!!

abixx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what's in your cupboard?
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 23, 2008 02:53AM

I eat all fresh raw so there isn't much in my cupboards but there is a lot of fruit lying around my kitchen either ready to eat or getting riper. Also there is a lot of fresh raw foods in my refrigerator like greens and seeds that are ready to eat. My cupboard look kinda bare but my kitchen looks full. smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 23, 2008 03:20AM

No biggie: Oranges & Apples in the fridge (when in season), big heavy bread knife, A big mixing bowl, a plastic strainer, a big plate, and a couple of kitchen cloths.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: March 23, 2008 04:25AM

teas,and spices
elnatural

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 23, 2008 04:47AM

cups?

Date: March 23, 2008 11:48AM

hehe, thanks everyone.. at the moment i've found i have loads of salad stuff.. oats and fruit.. and sundried fruit.. and just loads of fresh fruit and veg..and seeds, i'd like to try sprouting some seeds!

have a wonderful easter and a great day!

abi

Date: March 23, 2008 01:22PM

dried beans, legumes, grains. tea and spices. oils, nutritional yeast, cocoa powder (been in there forever!),
there's other stuff too as we are not 100% raw but the cupboards are not very full. the fridge however, whew, i could use a spare!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: March 23, 2008 06:28PM

My cuboards are empty!! lol

I use my countertop/countertop larder system for everything!

Fresh fruits all over the counters smiling smiley

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: March 23, 2008 11:07PM

my cupboards are full of seeds, nuts, goji berries, dried fruit, many many herbs, spices, legumes for sprouting, teas, condiments, superfoods, dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar...etc

i am not one for natural hygiene!

Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 24, 2008 01:04AM

apples,bananas,mangos,berries ,all the veggies possible in the season and sprouts,a LOT of sprouts (sunflour seeds,alfafa,mung beans,wheatberries) and ,wheatgrass.

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 24, 2008 05:18AM

mixed raw nuts, black mission figs & sultanas, sesame, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, dried apricots, flaxseed, chia seeds. Plus fruit all over the bench and veggies and yoghurt packed into the fridge.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:51AM

a big rabbit seven foot tall that is playing checkers with another rabbit named

HARVEY

they hide out in my cupboard

i let em

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 24, 2008 02:32PM

The most important staples of my diet since late fall have been apples, bananas and various greens. The apples grow locally, which is important to me, but the bananas are awfully inexpensive in New York, even when I buy the organic fair trade ones from South America. (Fair Trade certification means that the farms are not operated in slave-labor conditions and the workers get a fair wage for their work.) In the summer and early fall when the farmers market is full of various fruits and berries I stop having "staples" entirely and just enjoy the bountiful variety.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:16PM

Not much.... sad smiley
Wished there was more to grab just now......

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: March 24, 2008 09:02PM

Hmmm, interesting question.

Food:
There is nothing I NEED or ALWAYS have on hand, except for food itself.
Nothing lasts for more that a week at most if still ripening anyhow.

Other than that:
Knife, fork, spoon, cutting board and a bowl.
Occasional blender and even less still, a food processor

Date: March 25, 2008 12:30AM

thanks for the inspiration to clean out the cupboards. i have so many gadgets and things that have somehow accumulated from the cottage, my mom and sister and the thrift store. many kitchen implements that i have never used and probably never will. i'm a knife and cutting board kind of girl when it comes right down to it. plus so many of those things are sharp and little girl is just at the cupboard exploring age. i'd like as much of the house to be a free zone for her as possible so OUT go the kitchen implements today!

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: March 25, 2008 12:53PM

LOL

Bryan, I love your response. I have the same thing, plus some plates.

la_veronique, where can I get my very own? Does Harvey have a friend?

Seriously, besides cups and plates... I have some sea salt that haven't used yet. (I have sea salt in my bathroom that I do use as a mouthwash/gargle.) I have some sea vegetables and some cayenne and some dried fruits. I keep nuts and seeds in the fridge.

I love this way of eating. My life is so much simpler.

I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Lee

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 25, 2008 01:26PM

I have a lot of snacky cooked foods that my hubby and daughter eat, but I'm grossed out by that cupboard and afraid of what I'll find in it. The only food I have in it is raw nori. I keep my nuts and seeds in the fridge and fruit is everywhere.
Sundancer

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 25, 2008 02:08PM

I have some bulk goji berries, nuts, seeds, and a LOT of stuff to sprout in my cupboards. >8)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 25, 2008 03:06PM

I tore out my cupboard and replaced them with shelves. I keep dates, figs, raisins, sprouting seeds, sundried tomatoes and nuts on them. I bought those big resaurant metal shelves for fresh fruit like bananas, pineapples, apples, oranges, grapefruit. We have five people in our family and you would not believe how fast the food goes. We will have tons of fruit and three days later it is almost gone.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 25, 2008 05:31PM

I would like to add that having my food in see through glass canisters and wire and wicker baskets has been great for my kids. Everything is out in the open. They can see whatever there is to eat,and get it. They know they can grab anything at anytime. It doesn't matter if I am making something special for dinner, since all our food is healthy they can eat whatever they want whenever they want it. Very rarely do we all five eat the same thing, with the exception of salad. Anytime I make a salad everyone wants some. It has cut my time preparing food by 75%. Especially clean up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables