Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

food allergies and raw diets
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2006 10:10AM

I am allergic to soy, and because of my suceptibility to migraines, I avoid all nuts, seeds, and avocadoes. I am transitioning to a raw-foods diet, but now I wonder if I can do this and succeed, with my history of food sensitivites and their connection to migraines. Can I do this and avoid nuts and avocadoes? I can eat olive oil...
Also, I am a very emotional eater. I binge easily when faced with emotional situations. what can i do? I feel this binge tendencies will only make me backslide into unhealthy reigons, and I will only prolong the possibility of utopian health and well-being.

any advice from experienced rawfoodists?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: food allergies and raw diets
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 03, 2006 12:12PM

-If you must binge - eat only healthy foods....and eat as much as you want.

-You will definitely have less food sensitivities with fresh, raw plant food - and many 1000's of kinds of food to choose from.

-Work with a level that is right for you - and raw foods that work well for you.

-Take the good and leave the rest!

-David Mason

Re: food allergies and raw diets
Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: June 03, 2006 04:37PM

Lily, with the exception of migraines, you and I have much in common. I really do think you can do a raw or high raw diet. Do you rotate foods or how do you handle the sensitivities? I rotated for several years before I discovered that I had high levels of hevy metals which were responsible for the sensitivies. As soon as I started to work on getting them out of my body, the food sensitivies stopped. You may want to check into a 24 hour urine test to check for heavy metals. It is very much related to sensitivities, migraines, AND severe food cravings. I still have a long way to go to get the stuff out, and I still have some binging occasionally, but I do feel I have made good progress and raw foods have definitely helped a lot. Feel free to private message me anytime. Good luck to you.
Jody

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables