Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Red Beets
Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:06AM

A quick question about beets...

Are they super cleansing? Or super packed with sugar?

I ask because I have included them in my morning smoothie for the last few days and I noticed some odd effects:

The first day, I became nauseous and almost got sick. The second day, my boyfriend became nauseous and did get sick. After my smoothie today, I had sooo much energy! I have felt supercharged all day! I am almost worried that I won't be able to sleep with all this energy.

Could it be the beets doing this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Red Beets
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:50AM

Both are true. Beets are exteemly powerfull. Use sparingly and never the pure juice. I speak from experience. I use beets in mixed juice all the time.

elnatural

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:57AM

They are very powerful, I use them in juices every morning but mixed with celery. I juice the whole beet including leaves and roots

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:58AM

I juice one small beet with the greens everyday in my morning juice. I love them and have never had a problem with them.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: March 26, 2008 12:59AM

beetroot juice is very good for you

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:23PM

Well,

Beets always get things "moving" for me, when juiced this happens most.

I just love them, especially when I need something "earthy" in a salad. Natalia Rose has a few recipes for beets.

They are thought to help cleanse the liver, which might explain a slight detox followed by energy.

Good luck lady

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 26, 2008 10:52PM

Where would one acquire raw beets...? ^.^;; (I've never liked them during my fried food days, but maybe I will now.)

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 26, 2008 11:30PM

My local healthfood store always has them as just the roots or bunched with the greens (which is my fave)

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Leesah ()
Date: March 27, 2008 05:37PM

I get my beets at the local farmers market.

Thanks for the input! I didn't have any beets this morning and I feel like I'm lacking in energy. Beets = my coffee!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables