Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Listening to my body
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:37AM

So, I had been craving tomatoes like crazy. I didn't have any, and finally got some the other day. I sat down and ate three the first day, along with brewers yeast, some spike, and then I had a cucumber (duo eating for me winking smiley ) The second day, still the same thing - craving tomatoes! I had four, and then had a zucchini. All prepared the same - a little spike, and brewers yeast.

I woke up with HORRIBLE sores all through my mouth. In the past (during SAD) I was always senstive to things like pineapple, oranges, etc. Have never had a problem with tomatoes, but have never eaten so many at once either. I guess my question is, why in the world would I crave them so much lately, if they were just going to make me completely miserable!?!? I have about 6 different spots that are inflamed, sore, red, cut, etc.

Also, the other question, does anyone know why I would be craving brewers yeast on EVERYTHING? I swear I could sit and eat it with a spoon if I had something to wash it down with...only half joking... winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Listening to my body
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:40AM

maybe a lack of B12 is the source of the yeast craving?

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:43AM

I would bet the sores came from the spike or the brewer's yeast, assuming the tomatoes you were eating were ripe and ready.

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: March 27, 2008 01:58AM

the tomatoes were ripe and perfect to eat. so delicious! But, aren't they so acidic that they could make my mouth break out? Like the acidity of the oranges? I used to be so sensitive that I would eat a bunch of pineapple and end up with a HUGE cold sore on my lip the size of texas. I once had to go to the Emergency room because my lip blew up so enormously that it touched my nose. Why would the acidity do that though - am I too acidic already? Or, not enough so that when I do eat something acidic my body doesn't know how to react? And, are tomatoes even in the same realm of acidic fruit as oranges/pineapple?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 27, 2008 08:59AM

What is spike please?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 27, 2008 11:23AM

I think that some foods are also very cleansing (like citrus) and CAN precipitate latent healing...which often shows up as mouth sores. Just my experience.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: March 27, 2008 12:25PM

I have been getting fever blisters since I was seventeen. I would usually always get them when there was a change of weather. This year I have been healthier than I have ever been but I did have had a few start up. I have never been much of a citrus eater but I am this year. I noticed that after I had a sore come up I was and had been eating a ton of citrus. Some people might take this to mean citrus is causing my outbreaks but since now my cold sores are small and barely hurt and only last a day or so (one just kind of went away as soon as it started), whereas in the past they were huge with horrible pain and lasted five to seven days, I believe I am craving citrus because my body is using it to detox and fight something that is already in me.

I always crave tomatoes. Everyday of my life, I think I crave tomatoes. I eat them almost everyday.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:21PM

Veg-

Try chopping up tomatoes with cabbage. Add a little cold-pressed olive oil and that brewers yeast. YUMMM!!! I bet you will like it as much as I do! Sorry to hear about the mouth sores.

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables