Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Instinct
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 27, 2008 07:01PM

I like to use instinct as I go through my day to help in timing my eating and determining what to eat. I have noticed that I get my best signals about what to eat when I wait on a hunger signal. I prefer a SLIGHT hunger signal as there is almost no discomfort in that but the urge signal that frequently accompanies the hunger signal gets stronger and easier to read as the hunger signal increases in intensity. As to the when I have found mono meals to be most helpful with this. After starting my day I usually have nothing but clean water until I get body signals of both hunger and the desire for a particular food. Then I eat a mono meal eating just a small amount of food and give it a little time before eating the same food again. The waiting helps in two ways. First it helps with Calorie Restriction as it inhibits mindless eating. Second it helps to detect the onset of the reduction of desire for the mono meal's particular food. This is the point at which I stop eating a particular food and then I wait for a slight return of hunger so that I know that the body is ready, able, and willing to move on to another mono meal of a different food and also the return of hunger is usually accompanied by a signal or desire for a particular food. When this occurs I am ready to start my second mono meal. I do the second meal and every other meal the same as the first. One thing I have noticed is that this system works best with whole foods and it becomes harder for me to read my satiated signals when blending foods and especially when juicing foods. How do use instinct in your eating ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Instinct
Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 27, 2008 08:06PM

Yep, instinct is best for hunger, but it takes some work (at least it has to be) to distinguish between false hunger, and to also not ignore true hunger--to not over or undereat. But the learning is so worth it.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 08:22PM

i've read your posts on this subject several times EZ, and i confess that i am coveting your elevated state of sensitivity to your body's needs! i think i have over-ridden my body's instincts in terms of eating for so long that it will take me a long while to get what you've got. i'm thrilled with the increased sensitivity that i have experienced 8 months into raw foods, but i look forward to deepening that, and your posts are super-helpful to me. thanks.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:21PM

maui_butterfly -- Thanks, I am glad my posts have helped you because many of your posts have helped me. On my puter I keep a document file that I titled "Nuggets" that I save bits and pieces of posts that I find helpful and insightful concerning the raw food lifestyle and I have saved many "nuggets" from your posts to that file so its nice to be able to reciprocate the help on the path to raw food utopia.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:34PM

we are lucky to be living in an age where we can give and receive support and friendship and exchange ideas with people who don't live in our community via the internet, don't you think? i think it can only lead to faster elevations in consciousness for greater numbers of people. its thrilling frankly! i consider you and many here my chosen community, and learn from you daily. thanks EZ!

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: March 27, 2008 10:42PM

Excellent post, EZ Rider.

I agree with you about whole foods being best. It also helps to put full attention to the eating with no distractions.

: )

Love,
Julie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables