Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chia Sprouts
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: March 28, 2008 01:38PM

Does anyone here eat Chia sprouts? If so, how do you sprout them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chia Sprouts
Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 29, 2008 01:16AM

I just tried them once. I actually grew them on a Chia Pet! That wasn't a very successful experiment because the Chia Pet requires much better light than any of my other sprouting methods. (Why? Because the Chia pet has a back side. You need good light on all sides of the pet at once.) The sprouts grew extra legs to get to the light and my Chia Pet looked silly instead of furry, but they were edible. I found them bitter, though.

I'd be willing to try them again, though. I have freecycled the Chia Pet now, but I've grown mucilaginous seeds successfully in my pricey EasyGreen sprouter. Maybe I'll include a batch of them in my next set. (I do recommend the EasyGreen, but only if you're very sure you want to be growing lots of sprouts in the long term, or it isn't worth it.)

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: March 29, 2008 07:48AM

I went to the Easy green webpage (www.easygreen.com) and they seem to have a new sprouter model called the Mikrofarm, but I can't tell the difference between that one and the one you have. Do you think its basically the same as the one you are using?

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 31, 2008 06:36PM

I think it's the same thing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables