Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Zeolite long-term
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 28, 2008 04:05PM

Hello,

I wanted to make a thread on this topic, in answer to a question I received via PM.

I took Zeolite NCD nearly everyday for about a year. I was taking it mainly to increase my energy levels which often felt frustratingly stagnant even on high raw. The zeolite really, really helped with that. On zeolite, I never had any "down" days, except for when I was dealing with actual personal issues that had concrete reasons for making me feel sad, angry or frustrated. Zeolite was also hugely beneficial for helping me thrive in my new high-stress job as well. For a job more in tune with nature, I never would've taken zeolite everyday. But the challenge was exhilirating and I was very driven to succeed.

But here's the deal - I can't figure out if my lack of energy was caused by toxins, or if it was caused by lack of minerals. I do wholeheartedly believe in zeolite's power to detoxify, I think it is a very important substance for that purpose.

However, ever since my weird heart issues back in the winter that were caused by magnesium deficiency, I've not needed zeolite for energy. I've discovered energy & clarity and a lightness of being that comes from being properly mineralized. I've been learning alot about minerals and it's helping to keep me feel balanced and energetic.

Also I remembered reading somewhere that zeolite can deplete magnesium, so I'm wondering if my severe magnesium deficiency was helped along by zeolite. Because even a slight magnesium deficiency will make you feel tired - and when I felt tired, I just took zeolite. So I really don't know where one thing ended and another began.

My current opinion would be that it probably shouldn't take more than a couple months for zeolite to do its detoxifying business... after that, if you feel tired or depressed for no reason, then at that point you may have a mineral deficiency instead of a toxic overload. I get that way after hard workouts now and sitting in the sauna, both of which deplete magnesium and all I want to do is lay on the couch and sleep. But then once I re-mineralize, I feel normal again.

Don't ignore skipped heartbeats and muscle twitches - on zeolite I felt great so I ignored these things and ended up with an unbalanced heart rhythm for awhile, which was truly scary until I figured out the magnesium connection.

I'm told that zeolite's new formula contains magnesium - however it also seemed much more potent than the original formula so maybe I was taking too much.

I would definitely recommend zeolite, just become very familiar with mineral deficiency symptoms. I think the problem with taking it for as long as I did (for a year) was that the zeolite, with its fabulous negative hydrogen ionizer action, simply masked any deficiencies I had so that I felt great even though I really shouldn't have.

I will probably buy another bottle just to keep on hand in case of a toxic situation but for normal daily life now, my energy seems to be thoroughly fixable with minerals alone. I don't know if that would've really been the case a year ago. I may truly have needed zeolite then. ??

Good luck!

Love,
Sunshine

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Zeolite long-term
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 28, 2008 05:56PM

hi sunshine

what magnesium rich foods did u start ingesting after your heart rhythm aberration?

i did the little bottle of zeolite once a while ago
it did have some nice effects , i agree

but then i forgot all about it

it seems ironic that something that is supposed to mineralize u would deplete u of magnesium

but u say that they put magnesium in it now?

i am glad u are doing better

that does seem scary what happened to u

i'm glad u experimented til u hit upon a solution

hope your heart just continues to get stronger every day

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:12PM

la_veronique, hello!

The best magnesium food I know of is wheatgrass juice, since it is both raw and does not contain oxalic acid like spinach.

The oxalic acid in Spinach won't be a problem for most people under normal circumstances but since I was eating it daily for several weeks straight in large quantities (along with dark chocolate, which is also high in oxalic acid) I did experience a very unpleasant toxic buzz and switched to wheatgrass. The funny thing is (well, it wasn't really that funny) that I specifically encountered a sentence on the internet that said that a diet consisting almost exclusively of spinach & chocolate will overload the body on oxalic acid. I mean who the heck besides me would eat like that??

Lima beans are also a favorite source of magnesium - they're cooked but that's ok with me.

Also I still occasionally reach for a magnesium supplement (I like Solaray's magnesium asporotate), but in order to not risk overdose, I open a pill and dissolve a little of the powder in water and drink it in small quantities. Magnesium in some places occurs naturally in drinking water anyway.

Thank you for your well wishes. My heart is completely back to normal. It amazes me how much of an effect electrolytes have on endurance, I've become really aware of the role minerals play in energy and a sense of well-being. I notice it at the gym, some days I just have crazy endurance and other days I'm back at a normal level (well, "normal" on raw is still pretty kickin compared to how I was on a meat-heavy diet, ugh I used to have to sit down & take a break after every set of weights). I'm learning to become very aware of which foods have what specific effect on me. I really listen now to what my body tells me to eat and pay no mind to the diets of others.

The whole experience makes me wonder how many people facing invasive cardiac procedures and scary heart issues could actually easily recover just from magnesium. It makes me sad. It takes a while to recover though, even for me on raw foods it took a couple months for the magnesium levels to properly build up. I also really wonder how much of a role cholesterol really plays in heart problems or is it really more about magnesium?? Or is it a combination of both, perhaps?

xo
Sunshine

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:20PM

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! I've been toying with the idea of taking Zeolite, myself...

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: March 28, 2008 07:35PM

Thank you so much for sharing your story sunshine79.

I had never heard of this magnesium problem before, so it is great to be informed.

It seems logical to me that if zeolite is a great detoxifier, it shouldn't be needed over a long term. You should get to a point that you are nicely detoxed, and then you should not need it.

Sapphire

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: March 29, 2008 12:53AM

Did you check your PH balance while taking it?

That's what I was interested in it for.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables