Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting and bone density
Posted by: customagic ()
Date: March 29, 2008 03:24PM

I heve never done water fast myself but I have done master cleanser a few times. I got rid of a lot of toxins when I did master cleanser. I've gotton rid of excema and tooth ache etc..
My mother keeps telling me it must be terrible for my bones to go through fasting. I really don't think so but I don't have any evidense it doesn't affect my bones.
She has exema herself and want to get rid of it. I recommended her master cleanser but she is worried about losing too much waight since she is skinny to begin with and worried about bone density since she is in her mid-60's. Any advice is appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting and bone density
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: March 29, 2008 05:04PM

If she is worried about her bone density, she can eat a lot of raw leafy greens as well as fresh fruits before her fast, so that her body is fully mineralized. If she is fully mineralized and nourished, there should be no need for her body to rob calcium from her bones. Bones are affected when the body becomes dangerously acidic. This is typically a symptom of a diet too high in protein.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: March 29, 2008 05:19PM

or she could do a juice "fast" incorporating lots of leafy greens and fruits. this might be cleansing enough for her to help with the excema.

as an aside, i used to work in a retail store that sold hawaiian kukui nut oil, and people from around the world would call/write to order and reorder the stuff, saying it was the only thing that ever helped them with their excema and psoriasis. attacking the root cause of the dis-ease through diet and/or a healing fast is of course the best approach, but i like to attack things from ALL the angles.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 29, 2008 06:35PM

Bone density is not the be-all-end-all indicator of bone health. Raw vegans will have lower bone density, but a lower incidence of fractures--there's a lot of other body chemicals that play into bone QUALITY.

[www.kaleidos.org.uk]

Woot!

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: March 30, 2008 12:12AM

Don't forget strength/resistance training.

Posted by: customagic ()
Date: March 30, 2008 02:07AM

Thank you!! I am forwarding this thread to my mother.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables