Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Going Raw = More Desire to Be Comfortable!!
Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: March 30, 2008 06:31PM

Since going raw, I've found myself drawn towards being as comfortable as possible in other aspects of life: wearing looser clothes, trainers etc. But I've also started to hate wearing jewellery too. Not just invasive things like earrings, but also necklaces, bracelets and rings- even if they're not all that heavy!

Sometimes it's so bad I start to feel a headache coming on because of the tension around my shoulders from wearing a necklace, earrings or a heavy hooded top.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Going Raw = More Desire to Be Comfortable!!
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 30, 2008 06:43PM

I still like necklaces and earrings okay. Who knows what the future holds, though?

Go with how you feel!! smiling smiley

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: March 30, 2008 08:53PM

I feel hightened senses for sure

Anything touching my skin, little things can drive me mad now!

Soon as I get in I take my work clothes off and put something soft, clean, unscented on.

I couldnt wear jewellry like bracelet or necklace now

odd..

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 31, 2008 12:12AM

Maybe only animals who cook their food wear jewelry. :O

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: March 31, 2008 01:15AM

I too come home from work and immediately get out of my clothes. Nothing like a good pair of flannel jammies, especially with this lovely Canadian winter we've had. I haven't worn earrings in years. I still like to wear a pendant around my neck. Usually some kind of natural stone on a fabric cord. No rings. Don't like wearing watches anymore either.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 31, 2008 01:20AM

Yes. I was like that before my transition...so I can't tell the difference! Didn't particularly like clothes, shoes or jewelry then! smiling smiley This from a guy who wears a shirt, tie and sport jacket all day! Ha! ha!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: March 31, 2008 12:20PM

Hey, great thread everyone!

After wearing earrings every day for ~30 years, I woke up one morning a few months ago and became aware that my body was clearly telling me it did NOT want me to hang metal objects from my ears anymore! My awareness and sensitivity have definitely heightened around all this. So I haven't worn earrings now for several months and I love massaging my earlobes now. I'm sure my body was telling me every day for those 30 years that it did not want the earrings but I wasn't able to hear it.

When I see people wearing big dangling earrings now I think they look like Christmas trees with ornaments hanging from their branches. Ha, ha.

I haven't worn watches in years, and I don't like bracelets either.

Like klandestine, I do occasionally wear something around my neck but it has to be light and natural. (No leather, for sure.)

Very interesting. . .

: )

Love,
Julie

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: March 31, 2008 11:59PM

I was heavily pierced for many years(at least a dozen piercings including stretched ear lobes). I had removed most of my facial piercings before going raw, but since raw i have removed all of the others. They just started to feel bothersome. I always said that I would only wear jewelery that needed to be "installed', so i never got into necklaces or rings or anything that could be easily put on or taken off....I was a big ol' freak!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 01, 2008 12:28AM

well, i don't have any installations

i like wearing a pretty barettes in my hair when i wear it a certain way

just one or two barettes though.. no more than two

kind of jewelry like

but not on my ears ( i don't like holes going through my skin... not a good feeling for me plus i'm scared of needles BIG time)

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 01, 2008 12:31AM

You know what I think this is: a desire to get rid of anything that isn't essential.

We know what's important in this life. The rest is just effluvia.

I don't wear any jewlery and I wear as little as possible as weather permits.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 01, 2008 05:00AM

Funny you mention this. I've been doing raw foods for over 5 years now with varying degrees of lows and highs to all raw. It's only been in the last couple months I have not worn even the little earrings I usually always wear. They are very small, but still I have been feeling like not putting anything on. I don't wear any jewelry at this time. Also, I like wearing less clothing than I used to even to bed and even when it's cold..I like the fact that I am not having to worry about getting up naked and running into one of my kids so I like the naked bed thing.

I also would like to see my breasts go down in size so I can stop wearing a bra or at least not much of one. I'm thinking that being a nudist is probably a nice thing..very freeing.

I would love, love, love to have my own spa to go naked in too. And a pool is really wonderful to swim in naked..I used to do that when I was young and we had an above ground pool but not often..just enough to know it feels marvelous dahlingssmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: April 01, 2008 04:25PM

I too find I'm gravitating to more simple clothing. I have for the past few years, but more recently it's very clear that I can no longer wear certain blended fabrics. They must be natural and feel good on my skin. When I think back to those stiff corporate business suits I used to wear every day...wow. I no longer have that stuff hanging in my closet.

Hmmm well on the jewelry front, I make beaded jewelry and some silver. I've always worn gemstones and silver...love the healing properties of gemstones and I'm still a jewelry fanantic even after going raw. Love it. I go through seasons with the gemstones. I'm healing my heart right now so I'm wearing a lot of garnet and rainbow moonstone for inspiration. But I have noticed I'm wearing less jewelry than in the past. I generally wear a silver chain with a gemstone pendant, stud earings and a couple of rings. Still very attached to my rings and my body loves the adornment. It's part of my whole worship appreciation for it and until my body tells me to tone it down, I'll just keep praising it with jewels. Me being Raw has merely enhanced how I create pieces. There is a higher vibration attached to them now. I've even heard this from non-raw folks. Some jewelry enhances the healing process and the raw journey. For example my hemp necklace choker laced with small hematite (a grounding stone) beads definately helped ground me during some heavy detoxification stages - especially when my body released loads of mucus congestion from my chest, throat and nose. Just my take on it. :-D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2008 04:34PM by rawangel.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: April 01, 2008 04:49PM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, I like wearing less clothing than
> I used to even to bed and even when it's cold..
>
> > I would love, love, love to have my own spa to go
> naked in too. And a pool is really wonderful to
> swim in naked..I used to do that when I was young
> and we had an above ground pool but not
> often..just enough to know it feels marvelous
> dahlingssmiling smiley
>
> Love,
> Prism

You know I remember when camping as a youngster back East, a camp counselor told us the best way to stay warm on cold night was to sleep naked in our sleeping bags. And yeah it works. Your body naturally keeps you warm.

You would most probably love Harbin Hot Springs in Middleton, CA. Ever been?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 01, 2008 05:59PM

I have not been there and I don't know that I've ever been in a natural occuring hot springs. We have Kanita hot springs (wrong spelling probably) so maybe I'll try to get there. I know I'd fall in love with it though.

Oh, I just ran into some info. on Shirley's wellness cafe about the cold sock and cold sheet method..it's very interesting. Give it a read when you have time. I might try the cold sock method but need wool socks first.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 01, 2008 07:48PM

thanks to everyone for the feedback, glad to see I haven't gone mad ;-)

I'm finding these little extra changes from being raw so amazing! I didn't mention that when I was a little kid, I was extremely allergic to most metals in earrings etc. Over the years, I built up a fair immunity to it, and I wonder if now my body is feeling a million times more comfortable, if it's telling me, "sure, i've built up an immunity, but that doesn't make it okay!"

Also, has anyone noticed how much bodyheat is absorbed by jewellery? Sometimes it feels like having a little fireball hanging from my ears or neck, and I can't help but wonder how healthy that is- having something absorbing heat pressed against sensitive parts of the body (throat/ears) etc...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables