Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Your Help on Water Issue Please
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 02, 2008 12:30AM

The question of what water to drink is becoming very difficult for me to answer for myself. Also, how to rid my bath water of heavy metals & contaminants without buying a very expensive household distiller is on my mind. I'm actually afraid now to immerse myself in my baths that I love taking. I am showering now, ever since I have found that the drinking water where I'm at seems to have been detrimental to my health. I figure running the water first for at least a minute, using somewhat cooler water for the shower and keeping the shower time to a minimum is helping to keep me from soaking up too many toxins from the water. I think this is a city wide problem and more.

I am drinking distilled water for now and that's helping. I am trying to detox what I did get into my body from the tap water in the 6 months I've been here. I am taking a mineral tablet daily too.

I also don't know what ionized water is, but have tried to understand it. Does anyone have a good simple explanation on it in one sentence or a couple. How does one make it, or buy it and at what cost?

Does anyone have a whole house method for distilling their water to use for all drinking, and bathing purposes? At what did it cost approx.?

I think if one can simply eat enough raw foods that have lots of water would be the best thing, along with the green juices, fruit juices, and various kinds of smoothies. I still want to know your opinions though on drinking water and sources.

So far since not drinking the tap water here I've gotten rid of my tingling and numbness in my arms, hands, and fingers. The weird edema that cropped up is also lessoning and I am more limber and lithe, less pain and stiffness thru-out my body which I just found confounding but now with figuring out it's the water it all makes sense to me.

I'm thinking of conducting a little experiment. I may ask someone I know to go without drinking or bathing in the tap water, using only distilled for a few days, then noting anything that has improved in health. If anyone wants to give it a try and post back that would be great.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your Help on Water Issue Please
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 02, 2008 01:19AM

The Purist doesn't drink Water, getting enough Liquid in their Food. I'm not there yet and use a little R.O. Water in my Green Smoothies. "Quantum Eating" recommends using Juices as Water......WY

Date: April 02, 2008 01:23AM

What do you do for bathing or do you shower mostly and use a regular carbon type filter for that?

I would love to find out how to get clean bath water without heavy metals or other contaminants.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 02, 2008 01:34AM

WHere did you move to?
Maybe helpful:
[www.showerfiltercomparisons.net]

Date: April 02, 2008 01:39AM

I moved to Portland, Oregon and have been here since middle of Sept.07. I was in Oceanside, Ca. but was drinking only distilled water but did bath instead of showering mostly. I don't think distilled is the best as it is devoid of all minerals, but it's the best for now until I can research this more. I think it's ok taken with some pre-cautions, but the bathing part is perplexing. How come we can't come up with something to rid the bath water of heavy metals and contaminants that is inexpensive?

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:13AM

my naturopath recommends an Aquasafe water filtering system. I don't know if you can get it in America. I live in Australia.

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:58AM

We installed a whole-house filtration system many years ago. At the time, it seemed like the KDF system of filtering the water was best. Since then, it seems like reverse osmosis might be best. I love that we have no chlorine in our water, that I can feed the plants inside and outside the house with filtered water. When I go places that have chlorinated water, it seems even stronger smelling (I'm sure tasting, too, but I refuse to drink it) than before I became used to filtered water.

When we move (sometime before the end of this year to a sunnier place with cleaner air), we'll look into whole-house filtration systems again. So, if you find out what's best at this time to purchase, I'd love to hear about it. Our system cost a few thousand dollars, but it was very worth it in my mind.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables