Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sweet fruit in your lettuce/veggie salad
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:09AM

Does anyone put sweet fruit in their lettuce salads? A few days ago I had a wonderful salad of mixed baby greens, pecans, golden raisins, and cranberries. Also it just happens to be conicident with my lately adding pineapple, tangerine, and Granny Smith apple to the ones I prepare for myself, and it's surprisingly good that way. Plus I have noticed many more positive comments from coworkers, such as, "Wow, that looks so good!" (I think it's the especially bright colors).

It would be easier for me to just mix all of the fruit/veg together for my meals rather than separate the sweet from the nonsweet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sweet fruit in your lettuce/veggie salad
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 02, 2008 12:23PM

If it sits well with you - and you regard it as a healthy combination - you're good to go! I personally like to simplify and not mix foods - but its an individual call.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 02, 2008 12:35PM

pomegranate seeds can really liven up an salad :-)

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 02, 2008 01:54PM

My boyfriend introduced me to green apples in salad. For about six weeks, I ate bowls upon bowls every day, with mixed greens and lime juice (a bit of olive oil at the time, but now I can do without). This was also when apples were still in season... so fantastic! =)

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:01PM

Sweet fruit is always a welcome addition to liven up most any vegetable dish in my opinion. Sure it's OK to do. If it's not right or a good combo, you will know it or feel it. Of course, on the other hand I don't mix anything anymore. Just tastes better and goes down easier this way for me. Another future option to keep in mind. :O)

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 02, 2008 05:07PM

i personally can do sweet fruits with greens, in green smoothies OR salads. but i can't do other types of veggies and sweet fruits. so for instance, if i add apples to my salad i can't add snow peas. weird huh?

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:14PM

Hey arugula, your PM box is full!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 02, 2008 10:42PM

I def mix fruit with veggies - makes the fruit less sweet. But I don't really mix them in a bowl or anything - I just eat them side by side. Like today for lunch I had a zucchini, bowl of tomatoes, and a banana. It was a good combo.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: April 02, 2008 11:04PM

msg box is empty now

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables