Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The secret of goji berries
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 02, 2008 02:12PM

I've seen people asking all over the internet what benefit goji berries really have, does anyone feel any different when eating them, etc.

Well. I have been eating them since December/January on an almost daily basis, but in very small amounts. I've also heard other people say you should never eat more than 1/4 cup at a time. (Price is also another factor that encourages this behavior.) I use the standard dried ones, and I soak them. I've never noticed anything magical, I never had visions of monks.

I sort of just gave up eating them for the past month or so (my interests fluttered elsewhere), and only came back to them in the past two days. The only difference--and the only real variable in my diet at the moment--is that I've been eating HUGE bowls of them. At least a cup of berries, probably a lot more. They just hit the spot.

I woke up this morning. I find my temperature to be significantly lower when I'm fasting/cleansing (it was 36.16 today)... and, let's just say, if you eat enough of them, they will *really* clean you out. I think it's safe to say I discovered the secret. angry smiley

I've heard of this happening to other people with just berries in general, but it's never happened to me (until now).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The secret of goji berries
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: April 02, 2008 05:43PM

I never heard anything about having "visions of monks" but I do know they are excellent antioxidants.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 02, 2008 06:23PM

Posted by: phantom (IP Logged)
Date: April 02, 2008 07:12AM

if you eat enough of them, they will *really* clean you out.

Do you mean clean you out like prunes do ?

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: April 03, 2008 04:50AM

i love goji berries.
i put them in my morning smoothie...mmm

Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: April 03, 2008 11:17AM

A long time ago i saw a thread on some forum about how the guy selling Tibetan Goji berries was probably grossly exagerating and that Himalaian monks do not as think of goji berries as highly as the people who sell them do say they do. Also Goji berries have "cousins" in north america known as wolfberries... they really do not look much different, I wonder if their nutritional profile is similar also.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables