Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw cereal?
Posted by: TigerDak ()
Date: April 02, 2008 06:30PM

I've been dying to try some raw cereal, using almond milk. I already know how to make almond milk thanks to some of you providing your recipes.

But, .... can you give me some ideas for the cereal? Fruits, nuts, ... I'll try anything that you think would make a great cereal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw cereal?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 02, 2008 07:17PM

Sprouted grains work nicely--quinoa, amaranth, spelt, kamut. I usually just blend up some fruit (mostly banana) for a milk/sauce--yum!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 02, 2008 09:44PM

i like diced apples, bananas, walnuts and coconut meat chunks with almond milk and sprinkled with cinnamon. this was a knockout with persimmon and asian pear too!

Posted by: Lanie ()
Date: April 03, 2008 06:36AM

I soak oat groats overnight and eat them with flax or almond milk, sometimes fresh berries when they're in season...or raisins, depending on how I feel. They can be sprouted too of course, for extra enzyme power, but I prefer them straight up...really soft and chewy.

I also like throwing in a couple of soaked dates when I make nut and seed milk for a touch of sweetness.

~lanie

"Beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing lies a field. I'll meet you there." ~Rumi

Posted by: theredtree ()
Date: April 03, 2008 03:15PM

Buckwheat
Chia seeds
hemp seeds
diced apples
raisins
cinnamon
and a touch of sea salt

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables