Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bleeding gums
Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: April 04, 2008 02:39PM

my gums have been bleeding veery morning when i brush my teeth...is this normal? any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bleeding gums
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 04, 2008 03:05PM

Has this only started since you've been doing the mono meals, nadiarafi? I have no advice, but I'm sure you'll get a lot of thoughtful comments.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 04, 2008 04:06PM

It's not normal for your gums to bleed.

it could be gum disesase
it could be that your toothbrush is too hard
or maybe you have eaten something extreme but you would know that yourself if that were the case

Posted by: nadiarafi ()
Date: April 04, 2008 04:08PM

i've always had delicate gums but since i've become raw, it's become worse. i've read some posts about wheatgrass helping with this problem...when i stop the mono eating, i might try that

Posted by: sebzzz ()
Date: April 04, 2008 05:50PM

I've been looking into that subject since going raw because my gum live is already very low.

Be sure to include lots of greens for the minerals, don't brush immediately after acid fruits (but rinse your mouth), you can eat a minimal amount of fat but be sure to eat some as it helps assimilate the fat-soluble vitamins.

Finally, regular toothpastes are known to be bad for the teeth and gum. Essential oils and soaps are recommended instead. I ordered a product called tooth soap that is supposed to do great things. (http://www.perfect-prescription.com/)

And one last thing, oil pulling. I started that a week ago and it's supposed to do wonders. I have yet to see results but I'm giving it a chance. (http://www.oilpulling.com/) Basically, what I do is take 1 Tbl spoon of cold pressed sunflower oil first thing in the morning before eating or drinking and swish it around for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes, I spit it out (it as become like a milk) and brush to clean out.

Hope this helps

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 04, 2008 06:07PM

This happened to me very suddenly, and I have been tracking my nutrient intake meticulously, with everything being OK. I'm not sure what triggered it.

But it got too painful to brush and I was spitting out murder in the sink when I did. I tried every natural remedy, nothing worked, until...

*puts on a green top hat and dances around*

Wheatgrass! Wheatgrass! Wheatgrass!

Taking 2-3 ounces every day and VIGOROUSLY swishing it around restored my gums to 100% health in three days. Half my gumline was getting red and swollen when I started, and no lie, it solved the problem in a snap. It's disinfectant, promotes healing, and is loaded with minerals that are essential to oral health.

I still take 1 ounce almost every day preventatively. I'm not a fan of the aftertaste, but it has worked like MAGIC.

I was too lazy to oil pull in the mornings, but I've heard that works well, too. Also, any refined sugar seems to aggravate my mouth considerably. Try everything, I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. =)

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 04, 2008 07:12PM

I use Hydrogen Peroxide in my "Interplak" water jet mixed with water to clean my teeth and gums and disinfect them at the same time. It works well for me and I have read posts on this forum about other people using Hydrogen Peroxide for oral heath as well.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: April 05, 2008 12:55PM

I don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I used to get bleeding gums, and my naturopath suggested that I use a product called Cellfood. It's some kind of oxygen drops, you can google it for all the information. It's loaded with minerals and enzymes and stuff, too detailed to list.

He recommended it to me for a completely unrelated reason, but within days of using it my bleeding gums got completely better. My dental hygenist was astonished.

I don't order it on line, it's available both at my local health food store and my local pharmacy - costs about $ 40.00 CDN per bottle. I don't know what it does for me that I am missing, but it must be something.

Good luck!

Sapphire

Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: April 18, 2008 04:19AM

Thanks Sapphire, I started cellfood yesterday and already feel much better in many ways, I think its also enhancing the effects of my other supplements.

BTW you can order Cellfood for $25 USD off ebay.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 18, 2008 04:43AM

do you have metal amalagam fillings? this could be part of the problems

I also read a post where a Master Herbalist mentions that the blood gets thinner as we detox. Leaving a persons gums bleed easier than usual. The body may not have been ready for the thinning of the blood and take a bit of time to adjust. He also said it could have been a detox reaction.

It was also recommened to strengthen the gums by brushing the teeth with oil of oregano.

I think that by swishing wheat grass juice, which is very alkaline and nutrient rich... would be very good. Because if it is detox, then the grass would neutralize the toxins. Or possibly create a greater flushing of toxins... which would expediate the detox process.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:11AM

My gums used to bleed when I brushed my teeth or flossed, but since I've been more careful, it's completely stopped.

I also gently brush my gum area too. It makes them feel more resiliant.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:32AM

Try green juices and raw cacao

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 18, 2008 03:29PM

wheat grass juice is the best for me. I also take some of the pulp of the wheat grass and place it on a specific area in the mouth and let it set there for a while and that makes a great difference for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables