Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Got another raw Challene in May!!!
Date: April 13, 2008 07:53PM

claire Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok...
>
> So I've just got my blog started
>
> Thanks maui for the offer of help with the
> pictures.
>
> Have just got a mobile from work with a camera, so
> my partner just took some. Saw on photobucket
> that you can e-mail pictures direct from mobiles,
> so just tried but the e-mail function doesn't seem
> to be set up on my phone. Will have to get my
> instruction booklet from work and play around with
> it.
>
> phew...you would think I am really old all these
> problems with technology...but I'm not!!!!
>
> If I still can't do it tomorrow when I've got the
> instruction manual I will cry for help lol smiling smiley

No worries....it will all come together as you get used to everything!

F1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2008 07:53PM by The Fruitarian One.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 13, 2008 09:35PM

purenkind Wrote:
> Thank you so much Maui Butterfly for that
> wonderful clear explanation!
> Now I get it! And I want to do it too!

Ok...got your details back and your in!!!

Let's get you set up and rolling!

F1

Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: April 13, 2008 11:49PM

No, I don't think I clarified - I definitely need support. Cybersupport may just not cut it though. I am just wondering if there is any way to talk on the phone....or something. I guess that would be easier for me sometimes than just relying on the computer. I did get the instructions, about setting goals, etc. But, what I needed to know was exactly how it was done on/thru the internet. I think it was maui_butterfly who posted the real deal which really helped.

Sorry I am being so crazy with all of this - I am not planning to do it and then back down and blame you. I can't promise it is going to be a huge success, but the best I can do is get all the details, try my absolute hardest in every way possible, and hope for the very best results. I am not wishy washy, and won't back down. In my first post I stated that my reluctance was not knowing exactly what I was getting myself into - and details were needed before I could totally commit.

F1 - I am going to email you offsite. I am more determined than ever now! You have me all fired up!!!
smiling smiley

Date: April 14, 2008 12:42AM

The support is ongoing via the forum and our special Re-Boot Your Life "Online Bootcamp" Radio Shows in which participants can e-mail or phone in their questions to our "special guest/experts, to be honest with you itsounds like you got some emotional issues that need specific, indepth professional attention from a qualified professional local to you and I don't believe that this "online bootcamp" is for you!

You did the right thing in asking!

Richard

Date: April 14, 2008 02:20AM

F1 -
I really don't get it. Yes, I have been clear about having emotional issues, that I am currently working out in therapy - and have been up front that food has been the issue. Am I the only one on here dealing with food issues?!? I work at it every day, all day (struggling sometimes, yes) WORKING and not giving up halfway through as I deal with the "emotional issues." What I really don't understand is how you could just turn someone away so quickly - you were pretty up front with me from the get go that "this isn't for me" without even giving me a chance. I am clearly very disappointed that you would rather discourage someone from the get go - that they "aren't going to prioritize enough so that they have to quit and then blame you" instead of supporting them from the get go with their challenges and finding out where your support and leadership could take them.

You are right, this isn't the challenge for me.

Date: April 14, 2008 02:27AM

Also, perhaps I wasn't clear in a previous post - when I said that this board was my support. It is the only place I can get "raw" support - my family, friends, therapist, inlaws, whoever, are for ever making comments and discouraging raw diets...or even vegan eating for that matter. I really don't need to explain my self, again, from the very beginning there was a discrepancy about whether or not I could actually do it "or was just tagging along for the ride."

Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 14, 2008 02:45AM

I'm excited about this! I will start in May also. I just don't like the photo requirements, but I guess that's a small price to pay. Good luck to everyone doing this! This is going to be awesome. I hope I lose about 25 lbs.

Date: April 14, 2008 02:33PM

javacado Wrote:
> I'm excited about this! I will start in May also.
> I just don't like the photo requirements, but I
> guess that's a small price to pay. Good luck to
> everyone doing this! This is going to be awesome.
> I hope I lose about 25 lbs.

You don't have to wait till May to get started!

Apply now and once everything is in you can get going right away!

As far as the pics go....you'll be so glad you posted them when your 35lbs lighter!!!!

F1

Posted by: Rawtastic ()
Date: April 14, 2008 06:22PM

I just e-mailed my application!

Posted by: claire ()
Date: April 14, 2008 07:13PM

Well, I have spent literally the WHOLE working day trying to get my phone to do e-mail. No success. I have phoned Nokia and T-Mobile, they won't help me because the phone is not registered to me - it is a company phone. They reckoned my company has probably had the e-mail function disabled (to stop us having too much fun ha ha)

I have managed to bluetooth my photos to my partner's phone - then he phoned Vodafone to get his e-mail activated and they told him they couldn't do it.

thought about bluetoothing the photos to my colleagues' phones to see if they could e-mail them to my photobucket account...but they all have the same company phone as me with the same problem AAAAGGGHHH

Tried to bluetooth directly from the phone onto the laptop at home...but that is ALSO a company laptop and has had the bluetooth disabled

I don't have access to a scanner

I know it's pathetic but I am really stuck with this. I have three photos on my phone that I can't get onto the computer. Any ideas anyone????? Thank you very much smiling smiley

Date: April 15, 2008 01:47AM

You can get a disposable camera that will transfer the pics to a disc! I know that they have them here, just not sure they have them there. They are reasonably priced too - well relatively speaking anyway...at least for emergency situations! Doesn't any one of your collegues have a digital camera you could borrow - take the pics and transfer directly to the computer?

Hope it all works out for you - I will pm you tomorrow, totally exhausted here! A

Date: April 16, 2008 01:42PM

I made my first log last night on the bootcamp website. I am starting my master cleanse today and will try to go for about 10 days and then come off for 3 days and then it will be May 1st. Pics will be posted sometime between now and then. Good luck guys, for those of you doing this!

Date: April 16, 2008 04:21PM

FINALLY managed to get those pics on, AT LAST!!!!!

Which user name are you on the challenge forum javacado???

Date: April 16, 2008 06:54PM

CONGRATS GUYS!!!

I'm really liking the energy!

Richard

Date: April 16, 2008 08:26PM

Claire, I am Jennie. My log is "Jennie's 60 Day Challenge." Are you excited yet? How hard was it to use photobucket? I have never used it before.

Java (Jennie)

Date: April 16, 2008 09:57PM

I thought you might be Jennie smiling smiley

Will be having a read of your blog to cheer you on!!!

Photobucket wasn't too bad once I got the hang of it. The real challenge was trying to get the photos OFF photobucket ONTO the forum. Turns out you have to click on IMG beneath the pictures and then paste that link onto your post on the forum.

good luck!

Date: April 16, 2008 11:20PM

Cool, I will be watching your log too!

Which post are we supposed to put the pics on? Our log? Or somewhere else? I have no idea.

Date: April 17, 2008 12:46AM

javacado Wrote:
> Cool, I will be watching your log too!
>
> Which post are we supposed to put the pics on?
> Our log? Or somewhere else? I have no idea.

Put the pics in your log....

Richard

Date: April 17, 2008 07:27AM

Yeah...once you have got your pictures onto photobucket, open a new window and add a "new reply" to your blog. Go back to photobucket, click on IMG underneath your picture, then paste onto your blog reply. Good luck, it drove me mad all this technology stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! But so worth it now that I can get started properly.

Date: April 17, 2008 07:29PM

Ok, will get them posted by Saturday. Thanks!

Date: April 18, 2008 01:00PM

I'm closing the doors on the 28th of May so if your interested in joining up, get a move on and get your e-mail sent in!

Richard

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 19, 2008 08:03AM

i just gotta put in a little plug for Richard... i've been on his challenge forum for about a week, and he has such an amazing setup. excellent goal setting exercises, an incredible team atmosphere, public accountability, fun, energy... its brilliant! its really no wonder his challengers get such astonishing results. i can't believe its free, frankly. personal trainers that you'd pay lots of money to would not be so on top of your goals and keeping you accountable and spend time every day checking in with you and seeing where you are at, etc.

i have already found it incredibly valuable to have help and support from someone so knowledgeable about fitness within a raw vegan context (i don't know what your experience has been, but my experience with fitness "experts" since going raw has not been so hot. "you'll never build muscle because you're not getting enough protein" "aren't you afraid you're going to carb out eating all that fruit", "you need to eat tofu and oatmeal at the very LEAST" etc. ad nauseum...) and i can't say enough good things about Richard and the amount of energy, care, and concern he shows within the challenge forum for every person there, and there is a such a wide range, from seriously fit athletes to newbies learning the ropes. his approach to each person is unique and suited to where they are at. its pretty amazing to take a group of folks so incredibly different from each other and all over the fitness spectrum and get them to pull together as a team and support each other.

i'm having a blast so far, and would encourage anyone who has some fitness goals they would like to achieve and is sitting on the fence to jump in to a really high-vibing group and see what 60 days of goal-oriented effort will manifest in their lives.

Date: April 21, 2008 03:33AM

I ditto that! It's for real - not some crazy gimmick. He really does care! I am afraid that if I hadn't checked this stuff out, I would have had very little success with raw food over the long haul. I am in the process of cleansing/detoxing right now, and I never thought I would be doing cardio and about to start a training/fitness program while doing it. I have a feeling that by being a part of this online "bootcamp" I am going to finally feel better than I ever have before! I would encourage anyone interested to e-mail Richard and go see for yourself!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 21, 2008 07:14AM

good luck u guys

my problem is the opposite

i "exercise" ( if u can even call it that.. its more like.... just fun to me) and then forget about doing other stuff ...

Date: April 21, 2008 11:41AM

Wow guys, the cheques in the mail!!!!

That means so much to me....I'm humbled, but don't think I'm gonna go easy on ya now because we ain't even scratched the surface yet!

Richard

Date: April 21, 2008 05:53PM

I definitely don't want you to go easy on me. I am just really excited about everything and wanted other people to know.

You're the coach! Bring it on....! I'm ready!

Date: April 21, 2008 06:37PM

Me too...also having a great time

smiling smiley

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:41AM

The Fruitarian One Wrote:
> don't think I'm gonna go easy on ya now because we ain't
> even scratched the surface yet!

dangit! plan not working... (going back to the drawing board to find some other way to butter F1 up that does not involve pushups!)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 22, 2008 12:22PM

a personal trainer who really does know what he/she is doing really IS

worth their weight in gold

especially if they have a genuine passion and want to see you succeed

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:03PM

F1... if I sign up, does that mean I start right now, or may 28

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables