Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Water Fasting??
Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: April 06, 2008 06:18PM

I would like to begin a water fast w/ really no completion date to improve my health, I would like my body signals to be what indicates my completion. I have a few questions because I have gotten mixed answers from mixed sources.

1. Should you lightly exercise (i would like to take a mile walk a day) while fasting if you are in general good health? ....I have heard that it helps speed up the detoxification process.

2. Working- should you continue to work while fasting? 3 nights a week I work as a cocktail waitress which requires a good amount of energy (I will not walk on these days) The other 4 days I work from home on the computer which feels like resting to me.

I appreciate any and all help.

thank you in advance! stacey

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Water Fasting??
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2008 06:29PM

I remember a mention in the book "fit for Life" that during a fast/detox period you should rest as much as possible.I know there are conflicting opinions.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 06, 2008 07:32PM

My experiences:

1) Light exercise is fine...if you feel restless or energetic.
2) Try a water fast over a long weekend first. If you handle it fine, then yes....working (if your job is fairly non-stressful) should be fine.

-Power to you Stacey!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 06, 2008 09:01PM

Thanks David!

...other advise I have rcvd is to start with a juice fast then move to water to slow the process of detoxification. Do you recommend this?

...Dave Klien from Living Nutrition states "Never fast and work or do any exercise -- dangerous and counterproductive" is it really counterproductive?

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 06, 2008 09:30PM

The last water fast I did is in my diary here, you are welcome to read it if you like. I started by drinking some warmed lemon honey water. I just juiced one lemon and mixed it with water for about three days. I think the first three days are hard because you feel hungry. I felt fairly energetic for the first week but then went through a time were I was very week and tired. A juice fast is one you can exersize with and not feel week. Water fasting is a great tool for healing and detoxing. One has to be well informed though because I have heard of some real strong detoxing happening to some people and they can get real sick. I am contemplating going on a water fast but have been enjoying food lately way to much.
One thing to keep in mind is when fasting the body will eat the bad tissue first and even tumers. It is a great tool for health.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 06, 2008 09:33PM

Opinion: A juice fast is used primarily to cleanse the digestive tract of excess matter. A regular series of these for 3 days a week....for a month....would be a very acceptable way to help free the system of debris.

-A water fast is not something I would recommend...until a person has been eating at THEIR chosen level of healthy eating...for a few months. After that, water fasting, enemas, colonic cleansing......these can all be addition tools to facilitate deep cleansing. But most of the work is done by the scrubbing action and healthy nature of the food - which should be your medicine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 06, 2008 09:43PM

David- great point....I think to prepare myself I will 1st eat my way to health, then juice, then water fast!

thank you!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 06, 2008 09:58PM

When I water fast I prefer to:
+) sleep. rest, and relax as much as possible
+) take frequent colonics and/or enemas
+) drink plenty of clean water

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables