Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Candida
Posted by: veganathlete ()
Date: April 06, 2008 06:25PM

Hello everyone smiling smiley

A family friend has been ill for a while and it has gotten really really bad this last month. She had to leave college and go back home. This last week she was doing so bad the family thought they were going to loose her. They have been to doctor after doctor and it seems as if no one can help her. They know she has Candida, so she eats no sugar. Her mom started researching a whole lot and believes she has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and started her on some herbs. This helped - she was finally able to get out of bed and walk a little.

My mom has been telling the family about raw veganism and how it helped me so much. I want to give my mom some information on people healing their bodies when they are at such a bad state through raw foods. I have given her so much information but i know I know so little. I would love for you all to share stories and any advice that you may have. And how one transitioned into raw when this sick - fasting, juice feasting, 100% or 80% raw, alkaline foods, etc... I really believe my friend can be healed through eating raw.

Oh and does anyone knows of any good naturpathic doctors that support raw veganism around md, va, and, pa area?

Thanks ;-)

Oh and sorry about not giving a lot of information on her symptoms. The only information I know is what I wrote - not home so I only know what my mom tells me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Candida
Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: April 06, 2008 09:02PM

Well - here is my story.

I don't eat 100% raw, but I do eat anywhere between 60-80% raw, with some cooked beef as a condiment on my salad about once a week, no dairy at all. Cooked whole grains about once a week (don't tolerate those well, but strangely white grains agree with me just fine) Try not to eat candy, but occassionally slip up. I eat a lot of nut butters and burritos. So yeah - not anywhere near the "ideal" raw diet. A big staple for me is red raspberry leaf tea (for women's organs/overal vitamins) and a "green smoothie" - some sort of green like spinach or cabbage or kale.... with fruit blended into a delicious drink. (You'll hear lots about those on this site!), and I eat lots of fruits and vegetables for "meals" throughout the day.

I believe I have candida, and even with these small percentages of changes I have noticed VAST improvements in my health.

My health was so poor as a cooked vegetarian and vegan for 3 years I was mentally and physically unable to function at work. I could not think straight for even the simplest of tasks. I felt like I had chronic fatigue. I believe for many years I have also been type 2 diabetic as anytime I am eating out of my usual diet (even "healthy whole grain vegan foods"winking smiley listed above my blood sugar goes back up and I feel horrible. I was plagued by boils, monthly colds (congestion, sore throat, exhaustion, constant runny/stuffy nose), bad body odor no matter how much I washed, gas and indigestion, and just general lack of desire to live.... lethargic, no energy for hobbies or to socialize. These are all pretty common candida symptoms.

Going 100% raw is pretty hard for most people - it's a lifelong journey - but even small additions of raw foods will help your friend a LOT. Especially greens. Regular food is missing so many of the vital minerals in greens.... so a focus on greens is my suggestion for your friend.

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2008 09:03PM by angie1.

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Candida
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 07, 2008 01:51AM

You might want to ask for recommendations here:

[rawfood.meetup.com]

That is the Northern VA Raw Foods Meetup. It is a very active group -- lots of members and meetings.

I hope this helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2008 01:52AM by Lee_123.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables