Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

olives
Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 06, 2008 07:45PM

How can you tell if an olive is not really raw???

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: olives
Posted by: flash ()
Date: May 01, 2008 09:22PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here (pun intended) and say there may be no way to truly know that, but you can know if olives are raw by picking them off the tree.

flash

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 01, 2008 10:07PM

Has anyone ever eaten an olive off the tree? I have.....and it wasn't pretty! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: mira ()
Date: May 01, 2008 11:17PM

hmm... welll.... raw olives taste TOTALLY different from the regular ones...They are very bitter, so i dont think you can be fooled...seriously!

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: May 01, 2008 11:54PM

I pulled one off a fallen branch. The olive was black (ripe), it tasted better than the really expensive sun-dried raw olives. It was a rich, yet mild flavor. Unfortunately, I moved out of state for the next growing season.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 12:57AM

I'm still praying to the forces of Chaos to sprout an olive tree in the middle of my bedroom~~~

Edit: Anything jarred is probably pasteurized. You can tell by gradient of flavor from sun-dried raw => organic jarred => and the worse canned/olive bar/cheapie olives. I feel totally satisfied with just a few raw olives, but I can keep eating them and feel sick without getting the good feeling if I eat regular ones (something I've stopped doing out of desperation when I made this connection :O ).

There are some really good olive threads floating around the board, I started them in a violent olive mania myself!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2008 12:59AM by phantom.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: May 02, 2008 01:58AM

I have never had a raw olive but it strikes me as very odd that the raw olive would taste so bad while the "extra extra virgin" olive oils taste so good.

Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: May 02, 2008 03:43AM

I get raw olives from sunfoodnutrition.com
They are delicious!
I especially like the morrocan olives.
They are not at all bitter.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: May 02, 2008 08:02PM

i guess its just a matter of taste... They dont taste bad, they are just very different...

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: May 02, 2008 08:41PM

I have had raw olives from raw companies and thought they were really great--both salted and unsalted. They do taste--raw, uncooked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables