Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question for the women
Posted by: javacado ()
Date: April 08, 2008 12:31AM

Has anyone had sore nipples since going raw??? It feels even more sore than during PMS. I'm definitely not imagining this. I am not really too terribly concerned yet. Maybe I am not the only one experiencing this. Someone, please let me know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question for the women
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 08, 2008 12:44AM

I haven't experienced that. Did you wear some rough clothing without a bra while being a bit active recently?

All kinds of things happen inside our bodies when we start eating raw foods. Maybe your hormones are being balanced and things are adjusting in a way that makes your nipples sore?

I hope you are comfortable soon!

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2008 02:34AM

are you ~~~ pregnant~~~ ?

Date: April 08, 2008 02:45AM

no, I didn't go braless and irritate my nipples, and i'm not pregnant, unless the baby was immaculately conceived!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: April 08, 2008 03:35AM

The only kind of similar experience I can think of was that twice, one of my nipples got sore - I attributed it to having eaten more fat the day before than felt comfortable. I was just too lazy to go out and get other food - so maybe the fat had some hormonal effect. And I hope this helps because it really weirds me out to write the word "nipples", especially in reference to myself... eew.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 08, 2008 04:42AM

sunshine79 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I hope this helps
> because it really weirds me out to write the word
> "nipples", especially in reference to myself...
> eew.

ROFL

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: April 08, 2008 05:34AM

no extra sensitivity with the nipples since going raw, but definately with the "hoo ha". have to take steps to be extra careful not to upset the natural chemical balance if you know what i mean. otherwise it's on fire. and not in a good way.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: April 08, 2008 03:41PM

Hmm. I think I do share this experience. Ever since getting more raw foods into my diet it just feels like something is "happening" in my boobs - not sure how to describe it - except for kind of a swirly feeling - I know that sounds really weird. ALMOST like my milk letting down or something, except I have not nursed in over 10 months. But it seems like the more raw I eat the more I feel a kind of "quickening" in my whole body, if that makes any sense at all.

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: April 08, 2008 03:49PM

My doctor told me that nipple soreness is mostly hormonal changes in the body. I am wondering if the raw food is making some (or reversing some) hormonal "imbalances" you may have had??? Just my thought. If you can handle it, try for some more time. But if the pain is too much I recommend consulting a doctor.
Feel better.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: April 08, 2008 07:02PM

Could it be that you are more sensitive to synthetic materials? I can't bear them any longer, so always go for pure cotton.

Greenpower

Visit my website and my blog!

[www.natureshealingsecrets.com] (closed on Sundays)

Date: April 08, 2008 11:33PM

angie1, I have the same thing happening at times! I haven't nursed in about 11 years, but I feel that same swirling, almost letdown, feeling. The first few times I checked my breasts to see if they were getting heavy with milk, but they weren't. I was just experiencing that feeling.

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXO

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 09, 2008 12:23AM

After my initial first-month weight crash, I've gained nearly all of it back--but in the hips, and in the chest (boyfriend is thrilled). Raw is definitely, physically and emotionally, making me more of a woman!

So, it stands to reason lots of chemical changes are going on... for the better. =)

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 10, 2008 01:00AM

Wow...I had that problem a few days ago!!! I have certainly been eating more fat lately too-- the raw kind, but a lot of alyssa cohen recipes. I just started back into raw a few weeks ago. It is right before my period, and I could be pregnant (I mean it's possible--don't know yet) but my boobs were SORE!!! It felt like the pressure of needing to breast feed real bad. I'll update if whether I am preganant or not..will know in a few days.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:24AM

Why is the question just for women?

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 10, 2008 08:18AM

because we are more accentuated in that area
that's why

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: April 10, 2008 05:35PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> because we are more accentuated in that area
> that's why

Hmmm... Really?? I'd think that the input of folks who aren't accentuated, and who aren't influenced by female hormones, might be useful. But I guess not, lol.

I have to confess that I was a bit weirded out by the way this question was framed - no offence to javacado; it struck me like, "Dis 1's 4 da laydeez... r ur nippels sensativ??" I am too creeped out to answer it as it was written, seeing as this is a public forum where my words will live on forever and I don't know anything about the asker. I thought that if it were gender-neutral, it would be both more informative and less... Well, like I said.

Do you blog? Add your blog to the thread on blogging: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]!!

Date: April 10, 2008 10:54PM

I didn't think it would apply to men. That simple. Sorry you were offended.

Date: April 11, 2008 03:49AM

yes it is true that both men and women do share some of the same hormones ( in differing amounts)
and we both have an X chromosome

however... there ARE differences

sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: April 11, 2008 08:01AM

Vivre La Différence!!!

My nipples only get sore if I surf without a rash-guard... raw has made no difference with that...and I still can't surf worth a darn.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2008 08:02AM by MauiGreg.

Date: April 11, 2008 11:27AM

if u enjoy being in the water
then you are blessed grinning smiley

and being in a place like maui...

sheeesh....! dreamland .. ne'er been there but will somedaysmiling smiley

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 11, 2008 02:45PM

I should add there have been other female-body-related threads where men have made some astounding input.

Greg, maybe you need to eat more sea vegetables...? tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 11, 2008 03:39PM

...Anyone missing periods after starting raw?

Posted by: Stormyone66 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 10:19PM

Hemp -

Haven't missed a period yet but once I got about four months in to 98% raw (still stuck with commerical salad dressing addiction), but all the premuenstral symptoms subsided (including the above mentioned sore nipple issue), and they changed from a heavy, 7 day flow to a very, very light, 3 days.

Date: April 11, 2008 10:53PM

Whoo Hoo!!! I am, in fact, pregnant...so the soreness was related to that for me!

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 11, 2008 11:13PM

Congrats, musicbebe!

Date: April 12, 2008 12:07AM

Date: April 12, 2008 11:25AM

Congratulations! May it be a lovely and very healthy pregnancy for you!

Lots of love,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables