Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

WHY are you raw?
Posted by: TigerDak ()
Date: April 08, 2008 08:55PM

It's a fair question. What attracts you to it? What are your goals? WHY are you raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WHY are you raw?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2008 09:09PM

It attracts me from a very basic level of knowing that it is how we were supposed to eat.And if you dont its because of all the brainwashing,marketing,and other false info that you grew up with.You basically have to become "way off track" in your eating to finally realize its the right way to eat.

My goals are to lose 50 lbs,overcome depression and reliance on ways of escaping it,more energy for whatever work is at hand,and to avoid the heart disease that runs in my family.

Why? I am not totally raw at this point,but the above two things are why I want to be soon.

Brian

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 08, 2008 09:11PM

Because I regard it as the best quality of food - and as a necessary tool to reach my life goals / passions of freedom, joy and service. I changed my diet when it became clear that my poor lifestyle and life habits were not conducive to my goals.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 08, 2008 10:30PM

Eating unhealthy is not a good game plan and so I choose to eat healthy fresh raw foods for the health of it.

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: April 08, 2008 10:48PM

Why aren't you raw?

Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 08, 2008 11:23PM

I'm raw because I want to be truly healthy and live a long life. The huge bonus is that eating this way makes me feel GREAT!!!

XOXO

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 08, 2008 11:47PM

Three reasons:
1. First, I became raw, because of my curiosity. Wanted to test how good realy being raw was. And, good it was indeed.
2. I can't go back to cooked, because at those moments that I try, my body starts aging, and I begin to look like run over by a truck, again. My vanity wins ha ha!
3. My body demands good food. I just can't seem to get rid of my appetite for fresh, sweet, juicy, crunchy things.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 09, 2008 12:22AM

Because it is the best feeling ever.I'm always feeling good,light,in peace within myself.It is my way of eating and living.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:32AM

it feels so good, i get bouyantly happy when i have fruit and salad. it's ridiculous how nice i feel, how light and joyful and gorgeous on the inside.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:09PM

It feels good, energy level has increased (which is saying something considering it was high before), skin has improved, it's fairly easy, and I enjoy it.

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:24PM

its the best investment on the market that i can ever make

it makes sense fiscally in every way, shape and form

think of all the money i save on

1) doctors
2) medications
3) psychiatrists ( who get paid to deal with patients who are feeling the effects of aspartame, F,D, C and E yellow and blue food coloring etc. monosodium glutamate etc.
4) hospital procedures

it is also a good investment spiritually

being unhealthy and ill is such a tremendous distraction

all of ones thoughts are focused on the physical pain, how to get rid of it, what to do to minimize or alleviate it etc etc. and not enough time and energy can go into evolving in other ways

therefore it frees up a gargantuan amount of time that can be used in other more meaningful directions

its a good investment mentally

especially if you need your mind to figure out complex problems on a daily basis and it needs the best fuel possible, no distractions ( from chemicals, preservatives or byproducts of cooked charred foods)

i guess i could go on and on

so far i have stated how raw foods can help ( in part) to avoid certain things

but the other side of the coin is that it can also assist me in going TOWARDS certain things

raw food alone does not bring me joy

the absence of certain distractions allows me to feel the joy that is always present

if i only notice it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 01:25PM by la_veronique.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 09, 2008 01:27PM

raw foods also allows me to close my eyes and actually FEEL the power, majesty, fragrance and awesome spirit of nature

not just physical environment nature

but the spirit of people that are equally powerful, majestic and awesome

nature has the power to create and destroy ( at least the power behind nature does)

so do people

when i am raw, that awareness is magnified

whether that is good or bad

it is always interesting

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 09, 2008 10:35PM

The more raw/vegan food I eat, the better I feel.

It's so simple and it tastes good.

smiling smiley

Posted by: rwillow76 ()
Date: April 10, 2008 06:22AM

Yeah... what they said. smiling smiley

Posted by: hemp0la ()
Date: April 10, 2008 01:11PM

-I feel more energetic on a raw diet.

-I am not constantly thirsty, and I don't need to sit on the toilet for more than 30 seconds, hah.

-I makes sense to me that I get a good dose of vitamins with every bite, and am not putting 'fillers' into my body that have less nutrients.

-Nothing tastes better than fruit, and there is no lunch or dinner more refreshing than a nice crisp salad.

-I don't feel like I'm full of toxins, and I don't have to blow my nose every half hour.

-I'm never gassy!

-I feel clean - inside and out!

-I have too much energy NOT to exercise. My body wants me to get outside and run or play basketball in the morning, and I feel great when I wake up in the morning.

-Half a cantoloupe for breakfast.

-Not having to plan out a balanced vegan menu every day (and then having to alter it halfway through the day because I binged on cereal) - just eating what I want when I want it!

-A thousand times more confidence. I feel amazing in my own skin.

-Bragging rights, hehe. (I'm horrible, hah)

I could list about a hundred more, but I'd rather get outside and enjoy the gorgeous weather.

Date: May 02, 2008 05:03AM

OH MY OH MY ....

what a question..

well the answer goes back a while for me. Im kinda bothered by everyone who says "don't get into raw food to lose weight!" its like... why not? its healthy. where else should you go to lose weight? mcdonalds? at least you are being healthy.

so... i had an eating disorder, for a very long time, than i started puking and got fat. than i started to get into the "health" junkie stuff. and became vegan. than i got a book about being raw for my birthday, and never turned back. i read it and loved it, and lost my bulimic weight.

sure there are some things i don't see eye to eye on with a lot of the raw foodists, but i do love the idea of it.

hey, if you need to lose weight, and all you care about is losing weight... go raw!!

it isn't just for hippies with long hair who don't use soap, its for everyone.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 02, 2008 09:52AM

Posted by: youremakingmeitchy (IP Logged)
Date: May 01, 2008 10:03PM

I'm kinda bothered by everyone who says "don't get into raw food to lose weight!" its like... why not? its healthy.

I think losing weight and increasing health at the same time is a win/win situation.
I happened to look out my front window today as as a car pulled up in front of my neighbor's house and a very fat lady got out and walked up to their house. I wanted to go over and tell her there is a way to address the weight problem that is health enhancing. I resisted the urge because I know that unsolicited advise is not well received. I think there is a healthy and slim person just waiting for her to find the key.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 02, 2008 02:30PM

I also feel like I have nothing to worry about when I'm raw. No fears, no anxieties--I'm doing absolutely everything I can to keep myself at my best, so whatever else happens is just going to happen, and I can't think of a better way to deal with it than while feeling my best!

Posted by: northernstars ()
Date: May 02, 2008 05:08PM

I am raw because I know that I am doing good for my body! I like the way I feel after eating. I have noticed, especially, that the tenseness I used to feel is gone! Feeling calmer has been a blessing and has been noticed by other too. The foods we eat does play a big part in our day-to-day life!

Posted by: Grayzie ()
Date: May 03, 2008 01:34AM

I came to raw because of my chronic ezcema.
Since eating more raw foods I've lost weight. It feels good to eat raw food.
May my ezcema go away eventually smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables