Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dentist want me to pre-medicate
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 06, 2006 12:19AM

Hey Folks!
I have been a lurker for so long and need your help if you can...
Hate pharm meds and my dentist has issued me to take them because of a heart murmur I may have...(One doc said I may have mitrove valve prolapse?)...
I dont like to take meds, especially ones from pharms...got to have note from a doc...they wont give me one because I dont have a reg doc, just an emergency one...ie: when getting hurt at roller derby practice, which I quit due to I am moving...
Do I not go to the dentist?
Probelm is if I go to a new dentist, they want x-rays which I have had plenty of this year, I want no more!!!

Oh a cool thing I have to share, I quit using toothpaste 4 years ago...when I went to the dentist 6 months ago, no cavities and one tooth was regenterating, ( sorry if mis/spled) I did a lot of juicing with greens and fruit...
Before that, havent seen a dentist in 15 years...
Is there such thing as a normal dentist? I havent know a dentist to prescribe drugs before, must be new to cover their butts...I told them I would sign a wavier...didnt work...
Thanks for your time, oxox
Flossy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dentist want me to pre-medicate
Posted by: jan ()
Date: June 06, 2006 12:33AM

Regenerate? That's cool! We have a "Natural Dentist here in South Florida.
He's Great. Steve Green.
Do you use anything in place of toothpaste or do you just brush?
Jan

Date: June 06, 2006 12:41AM

Hi, I just wet brush,
Soft brush: left bottom, right bottom, up right, left right, front bottom front, sides left, right then tongue...usually just use water, then brush and shake it before brushing...Sometimes baking soda and sometimes I pour hydrogen peroxide on the tooth brush, shake it and brush...spit out the bubbles...
I never liked toothe paste taste, yuck! Never liked the smell or taste of regular toothepaste...
And I am almost 40 years old!
Dont like the smell of most chemical things...
Love patchouli and lavender essential oils though smiling smiley
oxox ...Flossy

Date: June 06, 2006 03:01AM

About those pre-meds. Dental work always presents the possibility of a little nick or cut, or other opportunity for bacteria to enter the blood stream. If a heart condition is present, and with all blood passing through the heart muscle, the possibility of a "heart infection" is increased. YOU DO NOT WANT A HEART INFECTION. You also need to see a Dentist from time to time, if you still want to have teeth later in life. You might choose to space your appointments so that they are annual or 18 months apart. The antibiotic dosage has decreased since the Dental Association originally started using them. Work daily at your own personal dental care to avoid cavities and peridontal disease. Not using commercial toothpaste is an excellent choice, as I understand there is an ingredient in them which leaves film on the teeth, holding bacteria in place ...and it is bacteria which causes decay. Good luck. Mary

Posted by: cfd7f ()
Date: June 06, 2006 07:37PM

I too have a herat murmur and I hae been premedicating for the dentsis my whole life (I also premedicated before I had my ACL reconstructed after a skiing injury). I have a cousin who died of a heart infection when he was just 21. He was an NCAA Division I baseball player and died in the middle of his season while just tossing the ball with a friend of his. Because of the infection his heart couldn't handle any exercise, and literally throwing the ball stressed the mucle too much. I don't joke with this stuff. This is a serious issue. If they think you should premedicate, I would just do it. As for the other stuff (toothpaste, etc.) I say do what makes you happy. Congrats on the regeneration of your tooth.

Raw Daddy -- livin' raw and lovin' it

Date: June 07, 2006 05:20AM

i take the pills. i'm not much of a pill popper myself but those ones, i take them.

Date: September 17, 2006 06:34AM

I have a Fantastic 90 min AUDIO CD TITLED RAW AND DENTAL HEALTH, by Dr. Jameth Sheridan from the 2004 Raw foods Festival in portland, OR. Amazing CD that explains everything you ever wanted to know about Vegan Raw Diet and Dental health and the Most Natural and Effective methods of taking great care of your teeth and gums ! write me at DJ7510@AOL.COM

Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables