Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

question about enema bag
Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 11, 2008 12:02AM

I have a 32 oz (1 quart ?) enema bag that I use constantly,almost every week.
I feel great. I'm reading Matt Monarch"s Raw Success and he said that the best thing to clean up the toxins is to have a colon cleanse once a month or an enema with a 6 quart bag. Wow!!! My 1 quart is great for me and I can handle 1 quart water very easy on my colon,but 6 quart? Well,I have done at leat 7 colon cleanses ,but it is diferent. Has anyone handle a 6 quart bag ?I would love to know it,and why is this bag so expensive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: question about enema bag
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: April 11, 2008 12:32AM

I have a Friend who couldn't live without her Enema Bag. She doesn't go into detail, but I know she uses it regularly. She's a Natural Hygienist, and doesn't eat 'junk'.
I use to own a Colema Board, and used it often, but have given that up.
Maybe Bryan had the right idea when he said to let your Diet be your Cleanser, or something like that......WY

Date: April 11, 2008 12:39AM

Yes WY, Tonya Zavasta said that too. She doesn't clean her colon anymore,she leaves to to diet. I still like it though,and I feel so good after an enema cleanse. Maybe I'm like your friend.

PS)my friend in Brasil that is also a natural hygienist does enema every day. I think this is too much.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:07AM

High fiber whole raw fresh foods will do a great job of cleaning a person out. Colonics / enemas are unnecessary except when eating a diet devoid of fiber rich foods like water fasting and possibly juice fasting / feasting at which time they are an asset to getting toxins out of the body. If colonics / enemas are necessary when eating fibrous foods then something isn't right and needs to be checked out IMO.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 11, 2008 01:09AM

I've had IBS. The idea of making anything in that neighborhood flow any more than absolutely necessary is, to me, absurd.

Unfortunately, I don't need help in that department. It's already too much of a problem.

smiling smiley

Date: April 11, 2008 02:14AM

I'm doing the "quantum eating" diet since January that is veggie juice+ salad with sprouts and seaweed,and a veggie fruit smoothie.I have some flax crackers that I love.
After 2 pm I don't eat and drink anymore and that is doing wonders for me,but I was thinking about what Matt Monach said that colonics/enemas help to eliminate body toxins faster.Also liver cleanser that I am practically done with and that was an amazing experience.
Maybe I want to clean up fast.

Posted by: Arkay ()
Date: April 11, 2008 12:39PM

Enemas are be a two-edged sword, depending on how they are used or abused. Some, like the coffee enema for liver detoxification, can be very helpful if done correctly and for a limited time as part of a detox program. Other "corrective" enemas are useful for treating specific conditions.

Some people get carried away with enemas, however, doing them too frequently, with too much liquid, and with too many questionable (if not downright harmful) additives. It is very possible to damage the gut with improper use of the enema. This can include mechanical damage, or damage due to unbalancing the natural flora to too great a degree.

Used carefully and appropriately, enemas are a valid protocol for improving health for many people... but there are enough cases out there of people becoming addicted/dependent on them or otherwise damaging themselves through improper use, to become careless about them or play ignorantly with them.

Do I use them, personally? Occasionally, especially the coffee enema for the liver, to help heal a still slightly fatty and "congested" (elevated serum bilirubin) liver condition, a legacy of the "bad old days" before I knew enough about things like being gluten-intolerant to take good enough care of my liver.
Sometimes they definitely help; at other times, the results are mixed. I think like any form of treatment, using the right approach at the right time (and with an appropriate frequency) is important for success.

I do NOT try to see how much fluid I can retain; it does NOT mean you are somehow "cleaner" or "healthier" if you can hold a couple liters more than someone else, or than you previously did. I think trying to pursue volume as a goalis unwise, if not downright stupid! Nor do I believe in the absolute nonsense you read sometimes about supposed "pounds of encrusted fecal matter built up over years", which I know for a fact does not exist in 99+ percent of living people's colons If you believe in it, ask any doctor who does autopsies whether the stuff "encrusts", and consider the nature of the gut lining, the rate of cellular replication and mucous production, the constant motion and "washing" with wet boluses filled with bile, etc... that occurs there. It would be challenging to create anything that would stick there, unless you gave it little hooks like some parasitic worms have (the others stay by "swimming upstream" all the time and secreting a lot of mucous to keep themselves slippery). Some of the spa resorts in Thailand stoop to putting things (like small coins, marbles, plastic necklace pearls... things children might commonly swallow) into the large "herbal" pills they give, so patients will find things coming out and conclude the things (and also sometimes fake parasites, like "tapeworms" made from strips of gutta percha!) were stuck inside for years, which helps to promote the false belief of "years of encrusted fecal matter"! Sometimes the stuff taken to get rid of the supposed "encrusted matter" itself hardens up in the gut, forming a "cast" of the gut. When the natural actions of the gut then eventually (after some hours) shake it off, it comes out looking like something that might have been "encrusted" there. People too ignorant to know better fall for it, but it is nonsense! At any given time, you may find some short-term stickiness of recently-ingested poor food choices, sure, just the way you may get a film of recently-eaten food and bacteria on the tongue, but nothing remotely like what enema over-enthusiasts ignorantly claim, and nothing that stays for very long. Things just don't--usually can't!-- stick in the gut for very long! That's another reason (besides the risks of upsetting gut flora too severely, and stretching the fine tissues and tiny muscles of the gut wall too much) why I prefer to be very conservative about enemas.

Useful? YES, but use with care and prudence!

[Just my opinion; you may feel differently.]

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: April 11, 2008 02:34PM

Thank you Arkay. I think anyone who's also had a couple colonoscopies would concur.

Might it be not so much that its old incrusted stuff but rather alleviate immediate poisoning from current permeability. That would also give hint as to why some people could get addicted to enemas.

I had an anatomy physiology teacher several years back who lived in an ashram and had quite an intensive hatha yoga practice. He cautioned us about becoming addicted to cleaning practices. He said it was wise to have a guru or at the very least some good friends whose judgement you trust and consult to let you know when you've gone beyond weird into full out life threatening,
someone besides you to monitor what was going on.

In his case he tended to want to go overboard while doing a cleaning practice where he swallowed several feet of cotton gauze to soak up "mucus" in his stomach and then pulled the gauze back up out his mouth.

That kriya he learned (through consultation with the people at the ashram he lived with) that he had to limit himself to doing daily no more than one month twice a year.
He said the results felt so good that it affected his personal judgement and if he didn't put that limitation on it he tended to want to do it far beyond it affecting him positively and that his emotional health and the emotional health of those he lived with suffered.

Date: April 11, 2008 07:16PM

Thank you guys.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables