Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

When you were transitioning......
Posted by: maureen1969 ()
Date: June 06, 2006 12:11PM

Good Morning everyone!

It's been a little over a week and I'm still transitioning,but I've noticed four things that truly amaze me!

The first two I expected: steadier flow of energy through the day, and feeling better over all.

The second two are wild. Did you feel this too?

As of friday time seems to have slowed down for me. It passes so much more slowly.I no longer feel so rushed and pressed for time. One minute feels like ten minutes. Am I really starting to relax??? lol

The second thing is I feel so much more flexible. It's not as if I've been exercising either. I've always been pretty flexible, but now it seems I'm more so and actually find myself bending and streching to pick up stuff on the floor instead of groaning about it.

I'm curious as to what else is ahead for me.

But I'm interested in knowing what changed for you?

smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When you were transitioning......
Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 06, 2006 01:37PM

I'm still transitioning, too. I've been eating clean for about 2 weeks. I've noticed that I'm more focused and much less frazzled every day, I sleep better(although not as much), my cravings for sugary foods is gone, there are real issues when I eat meat now. I had a piese of grilled chicken at a cook out, but after 2-3 small bites, my dog got the rest. It made me gag. All I could really taste was the stringy texture and the charred areas on it. Not a pleasant experience at all. The salad I ate was just fine, though.

Date: June 06, 2006 02:16PM

That is great that you're changing so fast! Amazing actually.

This weekend, I bought the kids organtic blue corn chips. I use to buy them every few weeks for a treat, and I had a few. It didn't taste as good and I noticed that I really could taste the salt! I didn't enjoy them as I once did.

Aren't these little things amazing? I notice the sleep difference as well! I sleep better too!!!

Date: June 06, 2006 06:19PM

our bodies are amazing pieces of equipment, huh? LOLOL! ! ! The smallest changes make huge differences!

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 07, 2006 07:21PM

My "taste" for salty foods has changed pretty dramatically, I also don't eat refined sugar anymore at all. 80-90% raw most of the time, some 100% days. Constantly moving towards what I want.
Cheers!

Date: June 08, 2006 02:24AM

things start to change in a hurry when you eat clean. I think that's cool, though. I may be overweight,but I don't feel as "heavy" or "frumpy".

Posted by: rawallison ()
Date: June 08, 2006 10:05PM

I didn't notice any changes in energy, calmness, alertness, etc. that I've read other transitioning raw foodists experience, but I was thrilled to immediately lose the pain I used to have in my tongue (my doctor had told me low iron was causing the pain) and to no longer experience cravings. It took a few weeks for other positive changes, like adjusting to the bitterness of some raw vegetables, developing a sensitivity to sweets, seeing an improvement in my complexion, and noticing that my fingernails are stronger.

<><><><><><>
Eating raw is a challenge for me, but it's the healthiest lifestyle I know.
See you at Raw Odyssey!
[blog.rawodyssey.com]

Date: June 09, 2006 04:01AM

65 pounds is an impressive accomplishment! Kudo's to you!

Date: June 09, 2006 12:07PM

Rawallison

65 pounds is fantastic! Amazing actually!

I cannot wait for my nails to be strong on their own. Right now I have to use product on them everyday to keep them long and strong.Some days I skip it and I regret it when I'm cleaning or something else that with rip my nails off.

Date: June 09, 2006 04:26PM

are you supplimenting? B vitamins and calcium are important to strong nail growth too. I can't use things on my nails. I feel like they're suffocating.LOLOL ! It's a loony luna thing I think.

Posted by: jackie ()
Date: June 10, 2006 03:30AM

I noticed it's almost impossible to get angry anymore. I've gotten pretty mellow, along with focused, clear headed, pain gone...it's great!

I've gotten very strong nails and my hair and nails both grow pretty darn fast - I attribute that to the silicon based foods: cucumber, tomatoes (skin), red peppers (skin) that I've been eating a lot of in the past months.

It's not overnight, but you notice it gradually - no more hangnails, they grow like crazy, no peeling...

good luck!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 12, 2006 06:57PM

I'm probably still not completely transitioned as I've only been raw for about 6-8 weeks. I went through a lot of emotional detox and less physical. I'd have days where I felt on top of the world and then bam, other days I'd just crawl into bed feeling depression or anxiety or fear. The fear was the worst, I never want to go through that again! But then when it was over, I felt much better than I ever felt before!

So go slow, take it easy, and listen to your body when it wants no food, just sleep.

I'm sure I have plenty more detox yet to go, we'll see...

Good luck!

Date: June 13, 2006 04:13AM

That had to have sucked! I can deal with most things, but emotional whirrls, OHHHHH BOY!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables