Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rawlicious
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 14, 2008 08:03PM

For everyone raw/raw-curious (I'm coining that...) in the Toronto area, I checked out the newly-opened Rawlicious today.

It was FRESH and delicious!! The atmosphere was very cozy, lots of comfy chairs and shiny pillows. There were a lot of juices, smoothies, and teas on the menu, salads, wraps, zucchini noodles, snacks, and desserts. The place had a very high-energy vibe, lots of love, and everyone was super nice. I just recently went to Live the other week, too, and this place was a lot more interactive. The layout is designed to be interactive, which is very cool. Everybody was talking with each other.

There's also apparently an energy healer who visits several times a month, and does work above the restaurant.

It was my first time talking to raw foodists outside the internet. too. :O

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone passing by. =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rawlicious
Posted by: claire ()
Date: April 14, 2008 08:07PM

sounds cool, wish I was in Canada smiling smiley

Posted by: be beautiful ()
Date: April 15, 2008 06:45PM

Ooooh, sounds very nice! Unfortunately, I'm in the States, so I won't be over there very soon. That's great that you have support!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 17, 2008 03:01PM

We went to Rawlicious twice last week and the food is divine! It will be on my must visit list every time I go to Toronto (often). Their wraps were my favourite and I love that they had so much texture. They also have a miso soup with clear raw kelp noodles which are really interesting. I need to find a source for them to buy for home. Really interesting and a replacement for clear glass noodles if you know what they are.

They also have some yummy chocolates for dessert. I adored them.

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: April 17, 2008 04:00PM

Thats what I miss here in CO. We have one raw restaurant which I went once. It was NOT fresh or delicious. Have fun at Rawlicious.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:35PM

Wish I had something like that any where near me.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 17, 2008 06:41PM

I've never been to a raw restaurant are they mostly stale raw ? I like to peel or cut my raw foods fresh but if they make things fresh on the spot then I would like to try one.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 17, 2008 08:09PM

I've been to a few raw restaurants. I would say that they mostly have lots of good fresh options, but tend toward a gourmet over-reliance on nuts and seeds. For example, the signature dish at Pure Food and Wine in NYC is their lasagna, which I've made at home several times. It's primarily made with fresh ingredients (zucchini, tomato, basil), but between the pine nut ricotta cheese, pistachio-basil pesto, and olive oil used in other places in the recipe, it's far from low fat. Dehydrated foods are almost guaranteed to be on the menu, but will be completely avoidable. Juices and/or smoothies, salads and other very fresh dishes will be available, but you may have to skip the main entrée list, which will probably be designed for the tastes of SAD eaters.

Posted by: mira ()
Date: April 17, 2008 10:07PM

Damn...missed that! i was in Toronto last weekend... grrr

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 18, 2008 02:21PM

Rawlicious was a lot less nut-heavy/gourmet-flashy than Live. I love both places. The cheesecake at Live was mystifying, but probably nothing but raw fat and sugar: the cheesecake at Live tasted like something I could make myself in my own blender, but with a bit of nuts, simpler ingredients, easier to digest. Mmmmmm.

Maybe I'll go down to Toronto my next day off. <3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables