Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Where do people go?
Posted by: veggiefreak ()
Date: April 16, 2008 01:30AM

What happened to Simple Living? Suvine? And I think his name was Paul - the enlightened one? Stoner? Not sure what happens to people, they come here for a while and then move on? To where? That is just a few people to think of off the top of my head - Simple Living was on here a lot for a while and now is gone. For him raw was new, so maybe it wasn't his gig, but what about others that have been raw for a longer period? Hmmm....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where do people go?
Posted by: GypsyArdor ()
Date: April 16, 2008 01:43AM

I've had times when I just lurk, and times when I post more often. But, I'm not sure about the others. Suvine still visits sometimes, as does Simple Living, I think.

This is the place I've stayed with the longest. I also like GiveItToMeRaw and Twitter for keeping up with other raw foodists I know. For an actual forum for help and advice, this one is my favorite. ;-)

Lots of love to you,

Wendi
XOXOXO

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 16, 2008 01:53AM

I also have been wondering about what happened to Simple Living. As you say he was new. He was asking a lot of really good questions and got some great discussions going but he wasn't eating raw at the time so maybe when it was time for the show to open he decided he couldn't give up cooked foods ? The others may have dropped out also. The raw food lifestyle is not easy at first and especially the first 30 days. Changing life long eating habits can be like giving up alcohol for an alcoholic or drugs for a junkie. It would be great if they all made the transition.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:16AM

Sometimes life just pulls you away from the 'puter, too.

There were some others who were here from long before I started and have popped in to say, "Hey, I'm back!" So who knows when people pop in and out of this place!

Edit: Seeing as I have zero people in real life who are interested in raw foods, I find myself coming here a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2008 02:17AM by phantom.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:31AM

When people find their song...they don't always stay to sing where they learned the trade! LOL. Sometimes they come back for guest performances! winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 16, 2008 02:37AM

I have been so busy with work these past two weeks but I have to check in with raw foodists to be surrounded by people who don't think I'm nuts. :p

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2008 03:00AM

After a period that could have gotten me kicked off,I am hanging in there.
Brian

Date: April 16, 2008 03:04AM

Aren't you what you eat UF? winking smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 16, 2008 04:20AM

davidzanemason Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aren't you what you eat UF? winking smiley
>
> -David Z. Mason

I'm sweet like pineapple!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 16, 2008 04:29AM

veggiefreak,

Many people try raw foods and it doesn't work for them. So they leave the forum. And many others are just busy with life outside the internet.

I agree with Wendi, that for advice and help, this place is the best.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 16, 2008 08:13AM

agreed

just cuz people aren't on this forum doesn't mean they fell off the wagon ( is that the term? or is it the opposite? i don't know)

they're probably too busy puttering around in their sumptuous luscious ridiculously fragrant organic garden that yields ginormous pumpkins,purple cabbages and lima beans to be distracted by nefarious internet urges

alas... i am still here and so is DMZ and raw 1228 and phantom ( the one that lurves peaches!) gypsy ardor and bryan and utopian life so

don't freak about that veggie freak... freak on the fact that there is still so much gorgeous -ity right HERE RIGHT NOW!!!!!

Date: April 16, 2008 08:15AM

but hey suvine, stoner and englightened paul

GET OVER HERE!! and say HOWDEEEEEYYyy once in a while, ya hear!!

Date: April 16, 2008 09:03AM

Another cool thing is that there's new people every day who go raw and feel great!

Date: April 16, 2008 09:30AM

yeah... that is GREAT news indeed

perhaps this world really is changing for the good

one consciousness at a time

one cell at a time

yeah!

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 16, 2008 09:43AM

La V. don't I make it onto your list. I am along way away physically but close in heart.

Date: April 16, 2008 12:34PM

Cracking up at you as always La_V.
Thanks for the laughs.
Glad you're here winking smiley

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: April 16, 2008 12:52PM

I am here angels. Thanks for asking, I read these posts and I come here alot. I am mostly fruitarian and seeing all these yummy raw food recipes and photos is very tempting. I say I am a closet raw vegan. smiling smiley

Date: April 16, 2008 12:52PM

I see Dave is still here

Date: April 16, 2008 01:54PM

Hey Suvi! Hope everything is going cool. I just got back from DC for my Birthday (lots of great pix to show...especially the giant pandas)......and will be down Miami way to party this weekend for my brother's b-day. I'll shoot you an e-mail and let you know what I'm up to.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 16, 2008 03:13PM

Let me know, But I may be in DC this weekend. How bizarre.

I miss you and our mom's like each other.

Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: April 16, 2008 07:39PM

Some people may just not care that much about food after a while. They just simply eat raw and move on because they don't think much about food any more.

Date: April 16, 2008 07:39PM

RIGHT THAT IS TRUE. I MEAN I DO NOT THINK ABOUT WHAT I EAT ANYMORE , THINK ABOUT WORLD DOMINATION

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: April 16, 2008 11:11PM

I think it's great there are so many new people here since I last posted.

I tend to come and go, get into posting for a while, then get busy and fade out of site. I've been doing that for several years now. Seems like there's a lot of reasons people stop posting. Work is usually the evil that gets in my way from hanging out here!

It's cool to get to know new people and great to see familiar ones as well. This time, it's been over a year since I last posted and there still a bunch of recognizable names. Seems like most of them are the "rawnut gallery" hanging out in other topics! lol

Hi to DM, ver, brian and all!

and... Hi to those of you that I don't know!

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 18, 2008 04:23AM

I love this board. I come and go, going through phases of getting involved in discussions for a while then not reading the board for a while. Sometimes I have questions that come up so I ask them. Other times I feel inspired to share from my experience so I answer some questions. And oftentimes, I feel like I don't have questions and I don't have answers either, I just fall in between so I keep my mouth shut for a while! smiling smiley

Love,
Uma

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 18, 2008 05:48AM

I like to share what I have figured out so far and I like to learn from others who have figured out something I havn't yet. This is a good place to do both because it is a discussion board.

Date: April 18, 2008 01:19PM

I know that Simple Living was doing some Youtube stuff as well, but I couldn't find it. I never did watch it. I always like putting faces with names.

I love this board too. I feel like I can ask anything, and most times, will get wonderful responses in return. I come here first thing in the morning to get some inspiration for the day (while I drink my big green smoothie!) and return most times in the evening to catch up on everyone elses journeys. I have been to a few other raw boards, but so far love this one best!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables