Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I'm in love with fruit
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 18, 2008 08:30PM

Papaya, pineapple, kiwi, mango, watermelon, honeydew, cantelope, grapes, strawberries is what I've had so far today.

How about you?

[utopiankitchen.wordpress.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm in love with fruit
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 18, 2008 08:39PM

Lately... papaya, kiwi, watermelon are my favorites. But, I'm not loyal to any one fruit for long. smiling smiley My tastes change with the seasons!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 18, 2008 08:41PM

Pineapple, Cantaloupe and banana - watermelon for later waiting :O)

Date: April 18, 2008 08:50PM

i'm high off of my juices and fruit!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:09PM

Today's mono meals so far: Tangerines <---> bananas <---> mangos <---> black grapes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2008 09:11PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:15PM

Me too! Nowadays, I am loving navel oranges, pixie tangerines, and ataulfo mangos. I had some awesome cherimoyas a few days ago.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:42PM

ATAULFO MANGOS!

They just came back. Oh. I had to resort to apple mangos through the harsh months of the winter, and mmmmmmm I bought a bag of 12 ataulfos last time I went shopping. Had two for breakfast for today with some sloppy persimmons! Yum!

Pixie tangerines sound like fun.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: April 18, 2008 09:48PM

what's an ataulfo mango? sounds like a lord of the rings character, LOL!

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: April 18, 2008 10:47PM

i just had my first kumquat yesterday! good thing the checkout girl at the HFS told me to eat them with the skins on, or i would have sat around peeling those little tiny citruses...

tart and fun!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 18, 2008 11:02PM

Ataulfo mangos are a fiberless yellow/orange mango with the same color flesh that has a very thin pit. The flesh is sweet with perhaps a hint of tanginess. Sometimes these mangos are called champagne mangos. When I get them they are unripe and hard and sometimes the skin is green. But as they ripen over the next 4-5 days, the skin gets first yellower and then moves towards orange. The flesh also changes color, from a dull yellow to a bright yellow to an orange color.

These mangos are pretty awesome!

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 19, 2008 12:13AM

Don't even get me started on mangos! LOL

I found some mangos from Nicaragua and Costa Rica at the flea market this past Saturday. I love them. I'm Nicaraguan so I love tropical fruit. Weird how there are so many different varieties of mangos. The mangos in Guatamala are a different variety as well. Some have more stringy fibers than others. Either way, they are good. I love to eat them in privacy of my own kitchen. I can get really sloppy with my mangos! LOL In front of others, I'll cut them into strips so I don't embarass myself.

Going to the flea market tomorrow for some more fruit. Watermelon, canteloupes, coconuts, papayas, etc.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 19, 2008 01:26AM

Pineapple/orange juice! Love it, love it, love it. It's my passion at the moment.

Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: April 19, 2008 03:28AM

Watermelon blended with ice and fresh squeezed OJ.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 19, 2008 04:05AM

Let's see, today I started off with some navel/pixie tangerine juice... then moved on to some Ataulfo mangos. Then... had even more Ataulfo mangos... then a banana-strawberry smoothie, and finally, some deglet dates! Had some baby spinach throughout the day too.

Mangos are so good. I keep buying more boxes of them and my desire for other fruits has decreased. I'm having some Haden mangos recently which are also great.

Bananablossom, cool pic, I like it!

Roxeli, you are Nicaraguan? I visited there once, beautiful. Of course I wasn't into fruit yet so I didn't appreciate the selection.... Were you born there? How long did you live there/here?

Love,
Uma

Date: April 19, 2008 05:35AM

>
> Roxeli, you are Nicaraguan? I visited there once,
> beautiful. Of course I wasn't into fruit yet so I
> didn't appreciate the selection.... Were you born
> there? How long did you live there/here?

My parents are born there. I was born and raised in San Francisco, but we spent our summer vacations in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Guatemala. I loved picking mangos right off the trees.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 19, 2008 09:05AM

I,m so jealous. I adore all the fruit you are talking about. I can't imagine buying a box of mangos - I buy one or two at a time, they are so expensive here. winter is such a lousy time for fruit in england - roll on summer

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: April 19, 2008 11:25AM

Hey, Tanawana. . .

I'm right on track with you.

Yesterday I had pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, and bananas! Oh, I also had some pickling cucumbers in there as well.

I found these amazing cantaloupe for $1.99 each! I'm going back for more. You know how it is. . .

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 19, 2008 02:46PM

Funny Julie - Exact same price on the cantaloupe here, nice size and quality too. Local Farmer's Market finally reopened, :O)

Date: April 19, 2008 04:01PM

*sigh* i miss colorado cantaloupe... the rocky ford cantaloupes grown on the western slope of the Rockies are mindbendingly delicious.

Date: April 19, 2008 05:09PM

When I read this thread, I thought pixie tangerines sounded like SO much fun. Then... I went to Whole Foods... and lo and behold--a mountain of pixie tangerines! I had to try them, and they are superb. >8)

I bought a bag of kumquats once and got so frustrated because the skin took so long to peel, and never bought them again. -.- I'll give them another shot!

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 19, 2008 07:39PM

ate a pineapple... going to have papaya later

Posted by: RawKitty ()
Date: April 19, 2008 08:40PM

red and gree grapes (WITH seeds thank you very much!) and papaya!

Date: April 19, 2008 08:42PM

Help! I think I'm going to overdose on papayas!

I can't stop eating them they are so good!

smiling smiley

Date: April 19, 2008 10:16PM

here's a new one at the farmer's market today... JABUTICABA!!!!!

[en.wikipedia.org]

i love trying new fruits. this one looks kind of like a grape, and has a sweet inside and a thick tart skin. i'm going to make a jabuticaba smoothie later...

also, they had the most delicious plump big juicy LONGAN today. hooray! its going to be a good week...

Date: April 19, 2008 10:36PM

I bought so much fruit today at the flea market. Strawberries, oranges, pineapples, mangos, papaya, coconuts, limes, canteloupe, and some apples.

Date: April 20, 2008 01:45AM

I have to watch myself when I buy fruit. My body is really starting to know the difference between fruit 1-2 days after purchase and fruit 5-6 days in the fridge. I have to buy smaller amounts I can consume in 2-3 days to get the maximum amount of lovin' these tasty treats have to offer.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: April 20, 2008 03:10AM

Roxeli, sounds like fun summer vacations. I can't believe mostly when I traveled in Latin America, I ate pollo, juevos, y galletas!! I barely knew what a mango was.

Love,
Uma

Date: April 20, 2008 04:47PM

I got hte best pineapple and ate two whole ones in one day (albeit hours apart). I have a papaya, too. I hope it's good and ripe!

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 20, 2008 06:17PM

I just ate 6 mangos... loved it, now gonna go shovel the sidewalk smiling smiley get some fresh air and sum sun.

Date: April 20, 2008 08:34PM

Shovel? Snow???

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables