Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best foods to eat for maxium weigtloss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 21, 2008 10:41PM

I just started eating raw i am about 90% raw i need help on what to eat on a daily basis can i eat too much

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best foods to eat for maxium weigtloss
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 21, 2008 11:14PM

Since I started my raw food journey I have found it to be a process of evolution. The way I started raw is quite different then the way I do raw now because of a series of experiments and adjustments made by listening to a raw food coach that has my best interests at heart - my body. A lot of the experiments I have made have been the result of participating in forums like this one (this is the best by the way). Presently I eat a fresh, mostly whole, raw food diet consisting of fruit for the first part of my day and veggies & seeds for the last part. I have lost over 60 pounds of flab so far and all the while I have improved my health in a way that I appreciate every day. The journey is well worth taking and persevering through any rough patches you may encounter. I recommend moving to 100% as soon as possible and then experimenting to see what works for you as you listen to your body's signals as the compass on your journey.

Date: April 21, 2008 11:32PM

Thanks how long did it take for u to lose this 60 pounds

Date: April 21, 2008 11:48PM

I went all raw on August 1, 07 (264 days) and have been all raw ever since. When I started I had "love handles" and a big rear end which have melted away as a result of improving my health by eating natural fresh raw foods.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 22, 2008 02:56AM

I lost 60 lbs. About 1 lb a week for 60 weeks straight. I slowly transitioned to an all-fruit breakfast.....and a lunch of fresh salads and nuts.......and a low-fat vegan dinner. I ate that way for about a year....before hearing about the 'raw food' diet...heh..heh. Then I made a commitment to find a way to eat ALL fresh fruits and vegetables! That was about 8 years ago.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: April 22, 2008 09:18AM

I think some people have trouble getting stared eating all raw. Its actually easy to start but requires some effort to stay with. To start make a decision to go raw and then its all about what you are putting in your shopping basket (buying) to eat. After your decision don't buy any food that isn't raw food. So go to the store or farm and buy some raw food. I like to eat like everyday is a picnic. Its an easy and simple lifestyle to do but you may prefer to work harder at it and do recipes and stuff - your choice. I eat simple whole raw foods using a knife to cut some of them. I have some kitchen gadgets but rarely use them except for the blender to make a green drink everyday. The blender and all the gadgets are unnecessary IMO because you can eat the whole foods just fine. If you want to transition you can slowly eat the processed food you have until it is gone but still keeping in mind that you never buy any thing but raw food. After making the raw decision I threw out all of the junk food and went all raw, all at once. Your choice but I found that any cooked food is a slippery slope on your journey. Good luck.

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 22, 2008 12:04PM

Citrus fruit... but watch out, they are considered the most detoxifying of all the fruits.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: April 22, 2008 06:31PM

Greens will provide tons of nutrients for very few calories.

Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: April 22, 2008 06:46PM

Avocados, coconut oil added to smoothies & hemp seed milk did it for me.

I mostly lost weight water fasting and juice fasting, but afterwards not much weight loss on raw foods until I incoporated healthy fats.

45 lbs in 6 months.

Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: April 22, 2008 06:58PM

You may also consider to eat any natural food you simply enjoy the most and try to live in the here an now and not to think much about food. As long as you are happy and relaxed the digestion would work much better.
You may try to simply give yourself more love and enjoy life and see how it works.

Date: April 22, 2008 07:19PM

Remember, weight loss is more than just diet. Don't forget to include a regular exercise program including aerobic (daily) and resistance (2-3x/wk) exercise.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:48PM

It's possible to gain unexpectedly, too. I dropped 20 pounds like lightning, then started to eat less fat/more fruit... and gained almost all of it back--in lovely places. So weight doesn't always = fat. I am also at PRIME childbearing age, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

But raw will make your body say out with the bad and on with the good!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables