Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"seedless" fruits
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 22, 2008 07:30AM

what is the deal with them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "seedless" fruits
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 22, 2008 11:24AM

Here's a link:

[en.wikipedia.org]

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Context ()
Date: April 22, 2008 12:56PM

lol... i wonder what happens to a person when they eat foods that cant reproduce?

Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: April 22, 2008 01:39PM

Modern seedless fruits, where the entire crop is seedless, are a scientific construct..

Although seedless fruits do occur naturally, they are not common..Scientists have been researching for decades to create seedless fruits for just about every variety that is commonly consumed by humans..

Not because they taste better, not because they are more nutritious & better for you; but because then the people selling them & growing them can make more money..

The designers & inventors can patent them & have a monopoly on the seeds, root cuttings, or tissue propagation..The farmers & large corporate growers will have more yield per acre, resulting in more product to can, freeze, freeze dry, process, or sell fresh..

The buying public purchasing the fruit at the grocery store will be convinced of the superiority of the new seedless fruit by being inundated by an advertising campaign designed to convince them of the convenience of a seedless versus a seeded fruit..

Even though in most instances the seedless fruit has less true flavor & much less nutritive value then it's seeded counterpart..

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 22, 2008 10:56PM

That violates the plant/human pact of give and take. =(

I realized I bought a seedless watermelon by accident the other day. -.-

Anyway, I guess buying fruits with seeds is voting with your dollar to say NO to the patenting of things like, oh, food.

And didn't someone say in another thread that fruits can spontaneously reseed themselves? Like pineapple...?

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:04AM

thank you so much.

i just watched the future of food the other day. it made me rethink everything i am eating. It is totally disturbing...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 23, 2008 08:35AM

Good movie. I don't eat them personally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables