Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Will I gain weight eating lots of fruit???
Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: April 23, 2008 02:33PM

I spent 29 years as a SAD eater going raw 2 years ago. I've tried every diet in the book. I wanna lose 10lbs. Not asking for much. Since going raw I've been bombarded with tons of info, some of which is conflicting. I've read that fruitarians lose lots of weight and have a hard time gaining weight even if they overeat avocadoes. Then you here on the other side not to eat too much fat even if it is fat from fruit. I am so confused. I have been eating a lot of fruit lately and not much of anything else. I don't particularly like greens but I do eat them on occassion. What is the best way to lose weight if I want to head down the fruitarian path.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will I gain weight eating lots of fruit???
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 23, 2008 03:58PM

Hi BananaBlossom! Great questions. As I'm sure you know, losing weight involves a change in lifelong attitude and lifestyle. We have to love ourselves just a little more every day! LOL.

Anyway: On the practical side, just slowly increase your overall lifetime % of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables until you reach YOUR lifetime goal....where you are 100% comfortable for the rest of your life. In combination with moderate exercise, fresh air, sunlight, and joyful/intentional living....your weight should stabilize quite naturally. Additional refinements and cleansing can occur after that...if weight loss is stubborn.

-I've eaten nothing but fruit for many years now...and PLENTY of avocadoes....and I'm 5'8 and 150 lbs. It's all good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: bananablossom ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:06PM

Thank you for such a common sense answer. Just what I needed to hear. I am also happy to know I don't have to give eating my lucious avocadoes.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 23, 2008 06:46PM

DMV

just curious

do u grow papayas and mangoes in florida?

i love strawberry papayas

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: April 23, 2008 11:12PM

BananaBlossom, You look so pretty!

I lost about 19 lbs so far eating mostly fruit for the past 1 year. I don't eat avocadoes as I don't enjoy them that much. I believe you will easily lost 10 lbs that you want to lose.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 23, 2008 11:21PM

Hey LaV! Yeah...plenty of papayas all over. Mango's all over too....more on the coastal and southern regions....but plenty here in the Central sub-tropics too. You should grow some Papaya trees! They're easy! Right now I'm focusing on the Melon Patch! LOL. I'll take some pix and post.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables