Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help needed moving to next step of evolution
Posted by: jairama ()
Date: April 24, 2008 05:15AM

Having experimented with extremes for many years, i see yo-yo is no fun, and probably more stress on the body trying to maintain homeostasis. For the last few years, I'm finding that no matter what positive thing or behavior I incorporate into my life, it finds its' negative counterpart. Meaning, i don't seem to be evolving faster than i'm evolving, if that makes sense. i've been 99.5% raw for the last 4 months, and i just ate 2 bowls of honey bunches and oats today. why did i do it? could it be the crystals i've been playing with lately? The orgonite i've surrounded myself with? Free weights? i feel like i can only go so high, then down for a correction, then back up a little higher, then down, for another correction, kind of like the stock market, or the way tides ebb and flow. Has anybody been able to prepare themselves for these corrections on their evolutionary path (cravings, negative entropy)? Sometimes, I feel like a bowl of brown rice chewed 100 times would be less stress on my body than the high and ital of raw. I think i'll go brush my teeth of that terrible post cereal that tasted like cracker jack...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help needed moving to next step of evolution
Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: April 24, 2008 05:52AM

Hello, yes this happens to me every time I get to a high percentage of raw. Maybe for us a little brown rice or the like mixed in with the raw is probably better than the alternative, a big SAD binge. However, a few cups of cereal isn't so bad anyway, don't feel bad!

Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: April 24, 2008 05:53AM

Health is just a tool for some of your purpose and as long as you are not ready to reach that purpose you are going to be slowing yourself down. Perhaps all you need is to decide what you really want to do.
Maybe you aren't emotionally ready to make progress, afraid of your own potential and want to go at a slower pace?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2008 05:54AM by Walkern.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 24, 2008 07:29AM

Interesting thoughts Walkern. Did you find that to be the case in your journey? If so, how did you make yourself "ready" to make progress?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 24, 2008 11:05AM

I hear you. You are judging yourself based on external circumstances. That is a story....but it is not who you are. Do you know who you are? Do you know what YOUR passions are? Are you following them with all your heart, soul and mind?

-Concentrate on the quality of your GIVING. Of your SERVICE. As to the results? The world is a place of duality....and you will often be between that ebb and flow.

-Extreme duality often occurs in the face of unrealistic/unskilled goal setting. People set large goals....and fail....so they feel they have to set an even larger goal in the opposite direction. They fail at that.....and so on. So you have an ever-increasing sense of failure and futility.

-The opposite would be to set extremely SMALL goals (with timetables) and keep them. That way....there is a snowballing sense of SUCCESS.

-Just some thoughts/opinions.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 24, 2008 01:13PM

The boundary lines between truly raw and cooked for the most part are clear and easy to figure out. All you have to do is ask yourself this question: "Is this raw ? yes/no. Once you have your answer then its just a matter of commitment.

Posted by: jairama ()
Date: April 24, 2008 10:22PM

thanks all for your input...

i think what is happening is that i'm not ready for the increased energy that eating 100% raw gives. Also, i believe there are emotional aspects that i am not directly dealing with that i think are coming out in the form of cravings for comforting food. Perhaps if i start regular yoga practice, i will be more in line with accepting and processing the greater amt of energy...

you asked some real hard questions there david, and i suppose i could be asking them to myself for years to come.. thanks for your input

Posted by: Walkern ()
Date: April 25, 2008 04:44AM

Interesting thoughts Walkern. Did you find that to be the case in your journey? If so, how did you make yourself "ready" to make progress?

Well in my case I need the health raw food gives me for my art but I have also had a problem with too much energy and too fast progress, however I don't slow myself down with coocked food anyway.
What works for me is staying true to myself and letting my mind focus on the now and not the future or past, decide what I really want to do in the current moment and just do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 04:45AM by Walkern.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 25, 2008 05:44AM

Posted by: jairama (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2008 03:22PM

i think what is happening is that i'm not ready for the increased energy that eating 100% raw gives. Also, i believe there are emotional aspects that i am not directly dealing with that i think are coming out in the form of cravings for comforting food. Perhaps if i start regular yoga practice, i will be more in line with accepting and processing the greater amt of energy...

When I went all fresh raw I experienced an increase in energy too. It was like backing the clock up into my younger days. I felt (and still do) as it raw gave me my life back. But I needed to control the energy better so I started experimenting with different foods eaten as mono meals and at different times of the day to gage the energy from the food. I found that the high water content fruit gives me the most energy with melons being about at the top and lower water content foods like bell peppers and avocados giving me the least energy of fruits. I also found that veggies and especially greens (talking whole foods here not juiced) were grounding for me. Having figured this out has been very useful to me as I now eat my high energy foods early in the day and move toward lower energy foods as the day progresses with veggies and especially greens eaten late in the day. This allows me to ground out the energy and relax in the evening and fall asleep easily. I have been following this plan for awhile now and I find it works very well for me. You might give it a try to see how it works for you to take you to the next level.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2008 05:57AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 25, 2008 03:18PM

I definitely can't start my days without something really wet, sweet, and sloppy... mmm... like mangos! Juicy = refreshing. =D

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:22PM

A bowl of cereal is just that, a bowl of cereal. It doesn't 'mean' anything about you that you ate it (other than the meaning you give it - and that's a quite powerful position to be in, if you think about it..) The more you think about the why's and obsess about the 'failure' the more you give the 'failure'/problem energy. To refocus on your goals can knock the wind right out of it.

I know, easier said than done. But the first step is to be kind to yourself, and that - as everything - gets easier in time. There is no rush. Just now.

I really liked what walkern said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables