Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Anyone stop using shampoo?
Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: April 26, 2008 04:40PM

Cy, where in the world did the idea of using urine on your hair come about??

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jackie ()
Date: April 26, 2008 05:26PM

Hi again

Coco - my dentist knows about my baking soda/hydrogen peroxide regimen, and never mentioned about eroding the enamel off my teeth. I'll check with him when I go for my next cleaning in June.

Vegan Life - wow. I never would have thought about my tastebuds being harmed by the hydrogen peroxide. I do dilute it when I use it to rinse my mouth; no bad effects from this, either.

Workout Man - I've never heard of fillings falling out and cavities filling themselves in (healing over). I have had a few "hot spots" in my teeth which no longer bother me, but they were not cavities - just sensitive areas which are not sensitive any more. This, after I quit using toothpaste and started my baking soda and peroxide "paste".

It's a fascinating subject, for me anyway!

Enjoy the day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 26, 2008 08:29PM

yes jackie, let me know what he says. i'm curious about how your teeth are doing after using baking soda daily for a while. i do use it now and then for extra whitening but only once in a while. there is a current fad to have unnaturally brilliantly white teeth these days (think of ross on that episode of friends, don't know why i remember that when i hardly ever watch TV!), it makes even normal teeth seem not white enough. i have been wondering about mine lately but my sister commented the other day about how white she thought they were so there you go... guess i'm doing fine with my nothing-special routine.

you know, if i wanted to i could go the entire summer without bathing. i know this because even after an extended period of time not being able to bathe (camping type situation) i still don't smell like anything and i am nowhere near 100% raw anymore either. even if i do get sweaty it seems to fade after just a few hours and then i smell like nothing again. i can also go for a very long time without washing my hair, it just gets kind of dusty and tangley but that's all, it smells like nothing much. but my hair is very curly and o can't brush it out with only water, it needs conditioner. it is very fine as well so using anything heavy like oil weighs it down and doesn't feel nice. and it does get dusty, like it's catching lint that will only come out with shampoo. so while i may forgo the soap forever the hair care products stay.

Posted by: sunshineTX ()
Date: April 26, 2008 09:08PM

cocoa_nibs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use morrocco international hairproducts. They
> are raw vegan, all natural, organic. Smell
> incredibly yummy. FOund them through a post on
> this list.
>
> I use their sea shampoo as a face wash, it helps
> my acne.
> They are non foaming.
> [www.morroccomethod.com]

Me too!!! Wonderful products!

Posted by: brokenbrooke ()
Date: April 26, 2008 09:11PM

yeah cy,
i too am curious about were you got the idea of using your urine for hair washing??
let us know.
b

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 27, 2008 02:32AM

I've heard of urine therapy but I've always wondered, since we release a lot of toxins in our urine, wouldn't it be like re-absorbing the toxins?

Posted by: Haida ()
Date: April 27, 2008 12:23PM

roxeli -- me too, I will go "no poo" with you.

My parthner laughs at my no toothpast/toothbrush routine. He says when he buys us a house he'll make sure there is a big tree in the back yard for me to live in. I said "cool !". Im on a mission to try to eliminate using/ buying stuff.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 27, 2008 08:45PM

Awesome. That makes three of us going no poo. So far, I'm on day 3 and my hair does not look bad like I expected. At least, not yet. Maybe because I'm really rinsing good while I massage my scalp under the shower. I'll do a seperate thread called "The No Poo Experiment" so we can update our "no poo" experience.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables