Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Golden Seal & Pau D'Arco
Posted by: RawBetty ()
Date: April 25, 2008 04:47AM

Does anyone know what these herbs are best used for in healing the body? I have heard that they are good for cleansing the stomach of bad bacteria to improve digestion.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Golden Seal & Pau D'Arco
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2008 11:54AM

Pau D'Arco is great as a tea. It definitely gives me a "clean" feeling. smiling smiley

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 25, 2008 01:24PM

I have been eating nettles lately and that is a herb. The nettles have some sort of "free amino's" and mass protiens. I find them very healing and if you live where they grow abundatly they are free.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 25, 2008 02:02PM

My friend was given golden seal as part of a cocktail of herbs to bring her into labour as she was 3 weeks late and the drs. were getting edgy and wanted to induce her. Half an hour after drinking the tea she went into strong labour and shortly afterwards she safely delivered a little girl

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 25, 2008 03:08PM

Pau D'Arco helped years ago when I had a nasty breakout of warts on my foot. angry smiley I drank the stuff every day for a good while, though.

I also was eating pretty unhealthily at the time.

Posted by: hyldemoer ()
Date: April 25, 2008 03:25PM

RawBetty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know what these herbs are best used
> for in healing the body? I have heard that they
> are good for cleansing the stomach of bad bacteria
> to improve digestion.

The thing is, herbs with antibiotic qualities don't discriminate between good bacteria and bad. They simply create an environment where neither can reproduce.

If you've got something violent going on, go ahead and use them but know when to stop and know when to reculture with helpful bacteria and nutrients to keep the good bacteria's population strong.

If you're just trying to do a cleanse, as your body realizes that its safe to return to a normal homeostasis it will do the cleaning on its own.
Think terrain.
Nurturing the body into having the strength to do that might be accomplished by supplementing with a choice of herbs generally thought more of as tonics.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 25, 2008 05:07PM

Pau D'Arco is a cleanser and imune builder,very sweet, I realy like it.

elnatural

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables